What Text Messaging app do you use?

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm a long time Textra user who has been trying the Verizon Message plus app lately. The only thing I don't like about the Verizon app is that it doesn't automatically save mms pictures to the gallery. For my launcher I use Nova Prime.

Kayza

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
Textra. The main thing that pulled me away from the stock app that came with the phone (Samsung) is the ability to schedule a text. It's just great.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I prefer the stock Google messages app, but, if somebody told me that I had to choose another, it would be Textra as well.

As for launchers, I like having Google Now as the far left home screen, so Google Now launcher is my obvious choice. A close second is Action Launcher, which can also be set up to have the far left screen be Google Now cards, and, in addition to other good third party launchers, has a backup/restore feature for settings, layout, etc.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I use Google Messenger for SMS/MMS, but Allo for a better experience with media.

Kayza

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
I like having Google Now, as well, but I wound up with Nova Launcher, and the google now cards all the way at the left, as well. At the same time, I like that I can swipe in both directions to and from that screen.

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
I stick with Google messenger. From my experience most of
the 3rd party apps at some point it cause negative issues like..
improperly sychronization or fail to Notify about new
messages,.etc. So better stay with the messenger
company that created the--Android OpSystem

Last edited:

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Verizon Messages plus for me. It has so many options for customization and can be used on a tablet (Verizon or not) or a PC. You can actually use it to place voice calls from a WiFi only tablet if needed.

Last edited:

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Verizon's messaging app is actually pretty good.

I have never thought so myself. I have tried it multiple times, but the UI is awful and I don't particularly need features like access on computers or tablets, eGifts, Glympse, scheduled messages, etc. I just want messaging on my phone.

Ok, saying this, next fall I am traveling to Europe and will likely install a local SIM while I am there, and will use the Verizon Messaging app only then, because that will allow me to receive SMS messages over data networks (WiFi and non-VZW mobile data) rather than just SMS. As soon as I get home, though, it's getting uninstalled.

I understand that everyone is not me, and maybe my issues with VM+ is not all that commonly shared, but - IMHO - it's an awful app to look at and use.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy