3 Things I Wish I Could Change

Gebo

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
First of all, I am loving my Z Force! But there are 3 things I wish I could change or knew how to change.

1. What's the deal with the ringing? Ascending, disappearing, quiet, loud. waves of ringing

2. Sometimes I need to use the keypad and enter numbers while on a phone call and as I try to touch the number with my finger, the screen goes black. The next number it may not. I just keep working until I sneak up on the key pad and am able to hit the key before the Z Force is able to go black. Sort of like my own little "whack a mole" game with my finger and the keypad.

3. When I go to my gmail (I have 5 accounts) and open it up I want ALL my emails to show up for ALL accounts every time without having to go back and highlight "All Inboxes" every single time. There has to be way to fix this.

If you can offer any suggestions or assistance, I would be greatly appreciative. Like I said, I'm so happy to have finally come to the Android side. It's seems to be a lot to learn if your brain has been conditioned to iOS.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
1. What's the deal with the ringing? Ascending, disappearing, quiet, loud. waves of ringing

As I understand it, for some reason - either by design or a bug - the phone does this. I do not believe that there is a fix, yet.

3. When I go to my gmail (I have 5 accounts) and open it up I want ALL my emails to show up for ALL accounts every time without having to go back and highlight "All Inboxes" every single time. There has to be way to fix this.

The Gmail app does not offer unified in box, but there are a lot of email apps that do, and can connect to a Gmail account if you set up IMAP access in your Gmail settings. One good app that offers unified inbox, access to Gmail accounts, and intelligence to separate important from non-important emails, so you don't get notified about every single crap email message, is Microsoft's Outlook app.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
First of all, I am loving my Z Force! But there are 3 things I wish I could change or knew how to change.

The ascending ring is a "feature" that was introduced to Moto phones with Lollipop. At least it was with my Droid Turbo. I think a specific third party app can address this.

2. Sometimes I need to use the keypad and enter numbers while on a phone call and as I try to touch the number with my finger, the screen goes black. The next number it may not. I just keep working until I sneak up on the key pad and am able to hit the key before the Z Force is able to go black. Sort of like my own little "whack a mole" game with my finger and the keypad.

That is weird. You might check:
Settings > Display > Sleep
and change it to two minutes (or longer) if it's not already set to that amount. Although your phone should not go to "sleep" if you are using it. But it's worth a try. (Sleep is how long it takes for your device's screen to go black when you're not using it.)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

It appears that ringtones and notification alerts are designed to star low then ramp up volume.

Sounds like you're getting close to the proximity sensor. The phone probably thinks you're putting it back up to your ear. This is as designed.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
1. I just installed "Disable Increasing Ring" app yesterday. It works great. I had a problem with one notification (Life360) causing the app to crash, sent feedback to the Developer. Had a response in my email this morning with a new apk to try. It solved the problem and has not crashed again.

2. I totally agree with Ry, try using your other hand or approach the screen from a different angle/side. Sounds like you are triggering the proximity sensor and the device thinks you've put it back to your ear. I've had the same issue.

3. Not a fan of Gmail, so I'm no help here.

Gebo

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
It appears that ringtones and notification alerts are designed to star low then ramp up volume.

Sounds like you're getting close to the proximity sensor. The phone probably thinks you're putting it back up to your ear. This is as designed.

Ok, that makes sense with the proximity sensor and why sometimes I can key punch with no problem. Now I just gotta find out where the proximity sensor is..

So I'm just gonna live with the ring tone and the gmail.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Ok, that makes sense with the proximity sensor and why sometimes I can key punch with no problem. Now I just gotta find out where the proximity sensor is..

So I'm just gonna live with the ring tone and the gmail.

I believe it's the right of the earpiece.