I use the Messenger app on my Verizon Moto Z Force. Is it possible to forward a message/thread to a third party? Second, can I add another person to my reply to a message? Thanks!
    12-09-2016 05:58 PM
    I use the Messenger app on my Verizon Moto Z Force. Is it possible to forward a message/thread to a third party? Second, can I add another person to my reply to a message? Thanks!
    In Google Messenger, long press the message and you should get the option to Forward in the action bar.

You can't add a contact to an existing thread. MMS was not designed to do so.
    12-09-2016 06:23 PM
    Thanks, but the option to Forward does mot appear. A long press just places a check-mark next to the message, and I can archive or delete it.

Well, I accidentally archived a thread...where can I retrieve it???
    12-09-2016 08:15 PM
    Thanks, but the option to Forward does mot appear. A long press just places a check-mark next to the message, and I can archive or delete it.

Well, I accidentally archived a thread...where can I retrieve it???
    Open the message thread.
    12-09-2016 09:23 PM
    Thanks! I found the menu item to access archived messages. From the archive, there's a folder icon with an up arrow to restore selected messages.

I noted, however, that I can't start a new thread or send a message to a recipient with whom I already have a thread. In other words, I want to keep a thread with Joe, but then send a separate message to Joe that's not included with an existing thread (start a new thread with Joe). It doesn't matter whether the original thread is archived.
    12-10-2016 01:57 PM
    I noted, however, that I can't start a new thread or send a message to a recipient with whom I already have a thread. In other words, I want to keep a thread with Joe, but then send a separate message to Joe that's not included with an existing thread (start a new thread with Joe). It doesn't matter whether the original thread is archived.
    That's not typical text message app behavior. Typically you have a separate thread of conversation for each person (for one on one messages) or each group. Maybe there is a third party app that supports something like that, but - again - that's not the way default messaging apps should be designed to work.
    12-10-2016 02:38 PM
    Thanks very much! That's something else I didn't know.
    12-10-2016 05:55 PM