05-25-2017 08:52 AM
41 12
tools
    Anyone know why I get this message every time I restart my phone? I have to go in and reset app preferences every time. What is causing this? Is there a setting to fix it?
    Attached Thumbnails Freezing up constantly after Nougat update-65549.jpg  
    12-20-2016 07:44 AM
    There will be no manual way to reset to Marshmallow - nothing official anyway.

For the record, I have had zero performance issues with my Moto Z Force Droid before and after the Nougat upgrade.

The only other thing I'd suggest is to repair the OS using the instructions in this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...oot-error.html
    Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to help. I tried multiple times to reload the software, with full wipe and reinstall apps manually. This is a very bad software defect with Moto Z Nougat, that not everyone has triggered yet depending on your apps, usage, etc...
    12-20-2016 07:58 AM
    Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to help. I tried multiple times to reload the software, with full wipe and reinstall apps manually. This is a very bad software defect with Moto Z Nougat, that not everyone has triggered yet depending on your apps, usage, etc...
    What are the steps to reproduce?
    12-20-2016 12:37 PM
    After doing the factory reset last Thursday it had been working fine without any freezing at all the next four days, until today when it froze once earlier today. This is extremely frustrating.
    12-20-2016 02:18 PM
    Also - try running with the SD card.
    Back again, so I did a clean install of the OS, with no SD card, and the phone actually froze DURING the transfer multiple times in the bootloader menu. so that was an indication of a processor or graphics card problem. maybe even main motherboard issues.
    I got it to run a clean install on the third try, after booting It froze again. so I wiped it and ran the OS from a mirror on my SD card after a clean format of the SD card. Not surprisingly that also didn't work,
    I contacted Motorola today and requested another phone, finally got it all processed after 3 hours of phone waiting and will be receiving my new phone within the next few days.
    This will be my 3rd droid force, so hopefully it has no problems!
    To any other users with the same issue, if a single clean install doesn't work, don't waste your time and just contact the repair center of Motorola directly and get the next day replacement, when you get past the terrible redirect center and actually get a repair center tech they are quite helpful.
    jesta192 likes this.
    12-20-2016 03:05 PM
    What are the steps to reproduce?
    I wish I could figure that out. It has frozen more than half of the time immediately after I connected on a phone call, but a number of times just with random usage... I started to think it was related to Bluetooth. Today after it froze on a phone call, I forced it to power cycle and it would freeze within a minute after booting while I was trying to use the phone. This happened a couple of times, until I shut off my Bluetooth headset and power cycled it a third time and then worked normally. Really hard to isolate without having any diagnostics logs to see what was leading up to each freeze.

Thanks
    12-20-2016 10:30 PM
    Is the freezing up still an issue with Nougat? I have not updated my phone yet to this version. I'm waiting until most of the freezing issues are resolved?
    01-24-2017 02:43 PM
    Is the freezing up still an issue with Nougat? I have not updated my phone yet to this version. I'm waiting until most of the freezing issues are resolved?
    Once I did a factory reset I never had an issue with the freezing again.
    01-24-2017 03:04 PM
    Latest update that gave us December security patch made no mention of any bug fixes for "freezing" issues.
    01-24-2017 04:52 PM
    Did a FDR on mine last night & it just froze up on me again
    03-29-2017 11:29 AM
    Anyone know why I get this message every time I restart my phone? I have to go in and reset app preferences every time. What is causing this? Is there a setting to fix it?
    I kept getting the same message with wifi app and i could not switch networks. After googling the problem it turned out to be caused by another app. If you can't figure out which app is causing it all you can do is go to factory settings
    05-23-2017 01:42 AM
    Once I did a factory reset I never had an issue with the freezing again.

I did the factory reset last week. And now it's starts freezing again. Must be a nougat thing. It was fine before that
    05-23-2017 01:44 AM
    I did the factory reset last week. And now it's starts freezing again. Must be a nougat thing. It was fine before that
    Is it a Nougat thing if I'm not seeing any freezing?
    jesta192 likes this.
    05-24-2017 11:41 AM
    I've not had an issue with N on my Z Force
    jesta192 likes this.
    05-25-2017 05:25 AM
    I dont think it is N, if it was this forum would be blowing up with similar issues. Mine has been just fine on N after months of heavy use.
    jesta192 likes this.
    05-25-2017 08:41 AM
    I dont think it is N, if it was this forum would be blowing up with similar issues. Mine has been just fine on N after months of heavy use.
    Same.
    05-25-2017 08:52 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD