Email Notification Counters

Mercyme84

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I use GMail (personal account) and Nine (Exchange account) for email. Since switching to the Z Force a couple of weeks ago, I do not get the "new email" count indicator on the screen icon. I can not find a place to turn it on. The counter for messages works fine (VZ Messenger). Any thoughts?

Thanks.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I use GMail (personal account) and Nine (Exchange account) for email. Since switching to the Z Force a couple of weeks ago, I do not get the "new email" count indicator on the screen icon. I can not find a place to turn it on. The counter for messages works fine (VZ Messenger). Any thoughts?

Thanks.

I am pretty sure that unread badges are not supported for those apps using the stock launcher. Nova Launcher Prime with its TeslaUnread plugin does, though, and I believe Action Launcher just added unread item badges for some items (Gmail and Inbox, SMS, phone missed calls.)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Thanks.

As far as I know, the Motorola fork of Launcher3 (Moto's default launcher on the Moto Zs) only supports badges for the Dialer, Google Messenger, and Verizon Messages. You'll have to switch to a different laucher if you want other apps supported.

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
As far as I know, the Motorola fork of Launcher3 (Moto's default launcher on the Moto Zs) only supports badges for the Dialer, Google Messenger, and Verizon Messages. You'll have to switch to a different laucher if you want other apps supported.
Thanks for the answer. So here is a different question. Is there anyway to clear out the unread message counter? I am running the google messenger app and it shows I have 4 unread messages but I have gone through ever text and they are all read

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the answer. So here is a different question. Is there anyway to clear out the unread message counter? I am running the google messenger app and it shows I have 4 unread messages but I have gone through ever text and they are all read

No idea. If you truly have no unread messages, it shouldn't be displayed.

I'd switch to Verizon Messages+ and double check.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
No idea. If you truly have no unread messages, it shouldn't be displayed.

I'd switch to Verizon Messages+ and double check.

Yes. I think that it is this as well. In the past on older Droid phones (since 2013, when Moto has been close to stock) others have reported badges when they have no unread messages. When they (temporarily) change their default messaging app to something else, then the unread messages appear.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae