I use GMail (personal account) and Nine (Exchange account) for email. Since switching to the Z Force a couple of weeks ago, I do not get the "new email" count indicator on the screen icon. I can not find a place to turn it on. The counter for messages works fine (VZ Messenger). Any thoughts?

Thanks.
    12-20-2016 11:09 AM
    I use GMail (personal account) and Nine (Exchange account) for email. Since switching to the Z Force a couple of weeks ago, I do not get the "new email" count indicator on the screen icon. I can not find a place to turn it on. The counter for messages works fine (VZ Messenger). Any thoughts?

Thanks.
    I am pretty sure that unread badges are not supported for those apps using the stock launcher. Nova Launcher Prime with its TeslaUnread plugin does, though, and I believe Action Launcher just added unread item badges for some items (Gmail and Inbox, SMS, phone missed calls.)
    12-20-2016 11:53 AM

Thanks.
    As far as I know, the Motorola fork of Launcher3 (Moto's default launcher on the Moto Zs) only supports badges for the Dialer, Google Messenger, and Verizon Messages. You'll have to switch to a different laucher if you want other apps supported.
    12-20-2016 01:49 PM
    As far as I know, the Motorola fork of Launcher3 (Moto's default launcher on the Moto Zs) only supports badges for the Dialer, Google Messenger, and Verizon Messages. You'll have to switch to a different laucher if you want other apps supported.
    Thanks for the answer. So here is a different question. Is there anyway to clear out the unread message counter? I am running the google messenger app and it shows I have 4 unread messages but I have gone through ever text and they are all read
    12-21-2016 12:30 PM
    Thanks for the answer. So here is a different question. Is there anyway to clear out the unread message counter? I am running the google messenger app and it shows I have 4 unread messages but I have gone through ever text and they are all read
    No idea. If you truly have no unread messages, it shouldn't be displayed.

I'd switch to Verizon Messages+ and double check.
    12-21-2016 12:57 PM
    No idea. If you truly have no unread messages, it shouldn't be displayed.

I'd switch to Verizon Messages+ and double check.
    Yes. I think that it is this as well. In the past on older Droid phones (since 2013, when Moto has been close to stock) others have reported badges when they have no unread messages. When they (temporarily) change their default messaging app to something else, then the unread messages appear.
    12-21-2016 03:54 PM
    I had to go digging a 6th time but found them.
    12-24-2016 05:43 PM