Unable to Activate Wi-Fi Calling

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Anyone not able to activate wifi calling? Every time I try to do so, it says something like "cannot activate wifi calling at this time. Please try again later." Per Verizon customer support, I reset network settings and did a restart. Anything else I can try? It's been like this for well over a week.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Anyone not able to activate wifi calling? Every time I try to do so, it says something like "cannot activate wifi calling at this time. Please try again later." Per Verizon customer support, I reset network settings and did a restart. Anything else I can try? It's been like this for well over a week.

No issues for me.

uKG9Vxz.png

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
If you haven't already tried this, try putting your phone in airplane mode, which turns off data and WiFi. Then turn on WiFi. You should then be able to use WiFi calling. You can test this to make sure that your WiFi calling is activated.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
If you haven't already tried this, try putting your phone in airplane mode, which turns off data and WiFi. Then turn on WiFi. You should then be able to use WiFi calling. You can test this to make sure that your WiFi calling is activated.

I'll try this when I get home. Thanks!

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I forgot to mention that you will need to connect to a WiFi network.

I tried this and it didn't work. The Verizon tech support person seemed to think it could have something to do with me having switched my sim card from one device to a second one. Not sure why it would matter though.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

How fast is your network or WiFi (i.e., what upload/download do you get from the Speedtest app or from the website Speed test - how fast is your internet? | DSLReports, ISP Information in Chrome ? Do you have any kind of Quality of Service or other firewall on your network that might be preventing the phone from connecting properly to the network?

Can you try at a friend's house on their WiFi?

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
How fast is your network or WiFi (i.e., what upload/download do you get from the Speedtest app or from the website Speed test - how fast is your internet? | DSLReports, ISP Information in Chrome ? Do you have any kind of Quality of Service or other firewall on your network that might be preventing the phone from connecting properly to the network?

Can you try at a friend's house on their WiFi?

My wifi signal at home is incredibly strong, so I doubt that is the issue.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
My wifi signal at home is incredibly strong, so I doubt that is the issue.

I'm not talking about your WiFi signal - I'm talking about your ISP's backhaul speed from your router to the internet (particularly upload speed, which is usually slower.) What are your speeds? Did you try it at another location to rule out a firewall issue, or a blocked port?

I've never tried WiFi calling with a double NAT, but, if you have a router inside a router and it is not set to bridge mode, it could be that as well. Verizon doesn't say that's an issue, but that can cause problems. (This is another reason to try another location.)

Last thing - did you se up an emergency address when you turned on WiFi calling? That's required in order to have it work.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
It has nothing to do with if he has WiFi turned on or how good his WiFi is at home etc... He didn't say he his WiFi calling is bad, he can't get it to even turn on. Has nothing to do with actual WiFi but with the phone. I can turn WiFi calling on and off on my phone all day long without being on a WiFi network.

But sorry I don't have any answers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey