VR Help

Gebo

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
I want to take advantage of the VR capabilities of my Z Force. Where do I begin? Headsets, software, etc. I see all the software downloads but I don't know where to start. Any Suggestions?

I have read a little and got a headset for Christmas but the remote won't load. My son is over on the couch screaming and "ooohing and aaahing" with his S7 Edge and the Gear headset and I'm down here in the basement doing searches to try and get mine going. Please point me in the right direction. Thanks!

canonBoy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I've got 2 gear VR headsets (Gen 1 and Gen 2) as well as the daydream headset for the Z Force. I really like how VR is getting a presence in the play store and more Android devices vs being forced to buy from Oculus through samsung. The gear vr is a little more refined, but the wii like controller on Daydream I believe opens up a lot of opportunity that gear vr doesn't have. I would say that Daydream may actually have a little more momentum going for them right now. 2017 will be interesting as far as VR goes.

Point being, don't feel that daydream is any lesser of a product or experience than gear vr. They are both pretty good. I'm hoping for lower CPU temps and higher resolutions from both in the future.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping to see some options in the future for a more sophisticated Daydream controller as well. Currently it seems it would be difficult to implement more complex controls, like walking around. It's very user friendly, but not very deep. For example, I'm having a hard time imagining Minecraft programmed to work with the Daydream controller. It could be as simple as offering (or supporting) a more standard bluetooth game controller, which would be less immersive in a way (not using your hands to point at things), but would allow for more complex games.

But the Daydream headset is totally worth it if you have a phone that supports it (such as the Moto Z / Z Force). It's at least a clear starting point.