Seriously took a look at what was killing my phone's speed. Found the face twins to be the culprits. I didn't have them installed till a couple of weeks ago. Noticed a difference nearly immediately. Tried different solutions but the final one worked. Oh well, not a big loss about hearing aunt Becky broke her ankle. Or the 52 pictures of it to follow.
    jesta192 likes this.
    01-09-2017 08:30 PM
    Seriously took a look at what was killing my phone's speed. Found the face twins to be the culprits. I didn't have them installed till a couple of weeks ago. Noticed a difference nearly immediately. Tried different solutions but the final one worked. Oh well, not a big loss about hearing aunt Becky broke her ankle. Or the 52 pictures of it to follow.
    You are not alone: It turns out uninstalling Facebook for Android is pretty great | Android Central

I did the same thing and when needed, use the chrome app to view Facebook on the web. You can also set it up to receive notifications via the web (chrome). Yes, you'll miss out on Messenger...but the trade-off for me was a better overall daily experience using my device.
    PortablePete likes this.
    01-09-2017 08:41 PM
    So I guess I'm not crazy thinking that it must be insane the face book was actually causing this. It sure works better after the pair is gone. And never thought about chrome to access it. Brilliant
    01-09-2017 11:47 PM
    The last couple days I saw my battery draining noticeably faster than it had been. Checked GSam and Messenger and Facebook were the two biggest drains on the battery. Messenger using about 24%! Uninstalled and reinstalled both and that seems to have fixed the problem...for now.
    01-10-2017 10:13 PM
    For FB I just use the mobile website and I get along quite well. I don't use FB messenger. I've noticed that with my MacBook Pro, using the FB website, that I can send and receive messages, so again for me, no need for the Messenger app. I agree that both apps can be battery hogs.
    01-11-2017 08:07 AM
    Just saw this on Android Authority

http://www.androidauthority.com/face...-issue-742402/
    01-11-2017 08:17 AM