I have an early bumper, which I had to modify to work properly with the style backs. The other day I removed the bumper for some reason, and noticed that it has rubbed the paint off some small places on the sides. Frustrating, since I bought the bumper to protect the paint on the sides.

Anyone else noticed this?

Verizon bumper damages phone paint (old design)-damage-zoom.jpg
    01-13-2017 06:25 PM
    I don't have this case, but man that sucks. I wonder if Verizon would give you a new phone since it was their case that caused the damage.
    01-13-2017 07:44 PM
    I doubt they would, and I'm not going to pursue it. It's fairly subtle, and if they replaced it, it would probably be with a refurb. I know my phone works perfectly, so I'd rather stick with the very minor disappointment I have then have to re-setup another phone with possibly some other issue.

Interestingly enough, it hasn't rubbed paint off on the top corner where I push to put the bumper on, or pull to take it off. The area pictured is the worst damage.

I'm still debating whether to stop using the bumper or not. I'm generally super kind to my devices, but it just takes one nasty drop to have a not-so-subtle gash in the paint/metal.

I also wonder if the other bumper has the same issue, but I don't want to have to remove the bumper to swap mods.
    01-13-2017 09:09 PM
    Just curious. Could you please post a pic of the actual bumper?
    thebat1 likes this.
    01-14-2017 07:39 AM
    If you had to trim the bumper to install and remove the backs, it sounds like you have the old style. Call Verizon and see if they will send you a new style. I don't have my Z yet (should be here tomorrow) but when I ordered the bumper, I made sure it was the latest version cause I have read about this same problem with the older bumpers.
    01-30-2017 06:19 PM
    If you had to trim the bumper to install and remove the backs, it sounds like you have the old style. Call Verizon and see if they will send you a new style. I don't have my Z yet (should be here tomorrow) but when I ordered the bumper, I made sure it was the latest version cause I have read about this same problem with the older bumpers.
    I second that.... I have the clear version of the bumper... No problems with any of the mods (I have speaker, camera, projector, mophie, car dock, style back). Only thing i've noticed is the clear one picks up some reflected light from the projector and 'glows' like halo around the phone it doesnt affect the projected picture tho.

I just took mine off and looked, no paint damage visible on mine... I'd definitely at least see if they gave you an older version of the case and have them get you the current/correct version
    02-06-2017 05:02 PM
    It's certainly the old version - it's had the dremmel applied to it a couple times (once so shells would fit & not interfere with charging, once when the then-narrow piece across the back by the charging port broke & left sharp edges). I once asked about getting it replaced at the local Verizon store, and it was a no-go. I may reach out to an online rep at some point, but at this point it's scuffed & no longer mint like I try to keep my devices, so it's somewhat moot.
    02-08-2017 06:33 PM
    I have the correct bumper. No scratches so far.
    YAYTech likes this.
    02-14-2017 06:05 PM