On my previous phones I've used an app to read incoming texts when I am using bluetooth headphones. Do I still need an app to do that or is there something already on the Z Force Droid that will do that for me?
    01-28-2017 07:21 PM
    You only want the phone to read incoming text whenever you have Bluetooth headphones in use? If so, then yes, you'll most likely need to use that app. Otherwise, you can access these settings within system settings > accessibility. However, you will get texts read out loud in all instances, not just with Bluetooth headphones.
    01-28-2017 07:34 PM
    Try "Ok Google, show me my last messages."
    01-29-2017 03:41 AM
    Thank you. I drive a Haz Mat truck and can't use handheld phone, so I would like to have my texts read to me when they come in. Anybody have any apps they like best that do this? I've been using one for a year but it doesn't work as well as one I used on my older phone.
    01-29-2017 08:39 AM
    Thank you. I drive a Haz Mat truck and can't use handheld phone, so I would like to have my texts read to me when they come in. Anybody have any apps they like best that do this? I've been using one for a year but it doesn't work as well as one I used on my older phone.
    The Moto Z Force Droid can detect when you're driving and read your incoming texts/SMS messages to you.

The setting is in the Moto app in the Voice section.
    01-29-2017 12:18 PM
    The Moto Z Force Droid can detect when you're driving and read your incoming texts/SMS messages to you.

The setting is in the Moto app in the Voice section.
    I don't have a Z Force, but on older phones, Assist (or maybe Voice) had a setting to do the same when you were wearing a headset as well. Is that function no longer available?

See http://phandroid.com/2016/07/29/moto...ce-droid-tips/ - scroll down to the Moto Voice section...
    01-29-2017 02:16 PM
    I don't have a Z Force, but on older phones, Assist (or maybe Voice) had a setting to do the same when you were wearing a headset as well. Is that function no longer available?

See http://phandroid.com/2016/07/29/moto...ce-droid-tips/ - scroll down to the Moto Voice section...
    Same thing. It moved from Assist to Voice with the Lollipop upgrade.
    01-29-2017 02:26 PM
    Same thing. It moved from Assist to Voice with the Lollipop upgrade.
    So, babracmmm shouldn't need a third party app, right? Moto Voice should be able to read them?
    01-29-2017 02:47 PM
    So, babracmmm shouldn't need a third party app, right? Moto Voice should be able to read them?
    Correct.

There's also a setting to read out loud when connected to a Bluetooth headset.
    01-29-2017 02:53 PM
    Can you pair your truck with the phone? If yes, you might be able to have the truck read your texts, as well.
    01-29-2017 04:31 PM
    No, my truck doesn't have anything fancy like that. I tried the Moto voice, set it up with a headset, and the notification bar showed an icon for it when I turned on my headset. But it never read my texts that came in or told me who was calling, not even the number.
    01-30-2017 06:41 PM
    No, my truck doesn't have anything fancy like that. I tried the Moto voice, set it up with a headset, and the notification bar showed an icon for it when I turned on my headset. But it never read my texts that came in or told me who was calling, not even the number.
    For the texts, were they strictly SMS?
    01-30-2017 06:42 PM
    Yep, SMS.
    01-31-2017 08:14 AM