Reading out texts to you

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
On my previous phones I've used an app to read incoming texts when I am using bluetooth headphones. Do I still need an app to do that or is there something already on the Z Force Droid that will do that for me?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
You only want the phone to read incoming text whenever you have Bluetooth headphones in use? If so, then yes, you'll most likely need to use that app. Otherwise, you can access these settings within system settings > accessibility. However, you will get texts read out loud in all instances, not just with Bluetooth headphones.

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Thank you. I drive a Haz Mat truck and can't use handheld phone, so I would like to have my texts read to me when they come in. Anybody have any apps they like best that do this? I've been using one for a year but it doesn't work as well as one I used on my older phone.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Thank you. I drive a Haz Mat truck and can't use handheld phone, so I would like to have my texts read to me when they come in. Anybody have any apps they like best that do this? I've been using one for a year but it doesn't work as well as one I used on my older phone.

The Moto Z Force Droid can detect when you're driving and read your incoming texts/SMS messages to you.

The setting is in the Moto app in the Voice section.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
The Moto Z Force Droid can detect when you're driving and read your incoming texts/SMS messages to you.

The setting is in the Moto app in the Voice section.
I don't have a Z Force, but on older phones, Assist (or maybe Voice) had a setting to do the same when you were wearing a headset as well. Is that function no longer available?

See http://phandroid.com/2016/07/29/moto-z-droid-moto-z-force-droid-tips/ - scroll down to the Moto Voice section...

Kayza

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site

Can you pair your truck with the phone? If yes, you might be able to have the truck read your texts, as well.

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
No, my truck doesn't have anything fancy like that. I tried the Moto voice, set it up with a headset, and the notification bar showed an icon for it when I turned on my headset. But it never read my texts that came in or told me who was calling, not even the number.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
No, my truck doesn't have anything fancy like that. I tried the Moto voice, set it up with a headset, and the notification bar showed an icon for it when I turned on my headset. But it never read my texts that came in or told me who was calling, not even the number.

For the texts, were they strictly SMS?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia