I purchased this phone last year and it's been sitting in a drawer as a backup for the last several months. I took it out of the drawer today and put in my sim card and holy cow! I upgraded it to Nougat and it's just amazing! I love the mods and I love how quick the software is on this phone! Why am I not using it more? I'll be shelving my S7 edge for awhile and using this phone. I don't understand why it wasn't on more blog lists as one of the best phone of 2016.
    01-30-2017 10:34 PM
    Because it's a niche phone
    01-31-2017 10:48 PM
    It's basically a Verizon exclusive.
    doogald likes this.
    02-01-2017 08:30 AM
    It's basically a Verizon exclusive.
    I understand, I guess. The S7 active is better than the regular S7, but it wasn't included in the list of the best phones of 2016 because it's only an AT&T exclusive.
    02-01-2017 12:11 PM
    It is truly an underrated phone. After the Note 7 debacle, I've gone between a Pixel and this Moto Z Force Droid (with also a brand new, 256GB iPhone 7+ sitting in a box on my desk.) I started with Pixel, went to Z Force Droid, back to Pixel for a week and then sold Pixel and back with Z Force Droid full time.

I have the JBL Speaker Mod and I will be getting a battery pack mod today. I also have a 256GB card formatted as adoptive storage and really use the heck out of this phone. The battery life is great and with moderate use, I can usually go 24 hours without recharging...heavier use, I do charge twice a day. And this phone charges faster than any phone I've ever used.

The only problems I've had has been with the camera. Sometimes, it will say I need to reset the camera app or reboot phone. I once took a video of something I couldn't "re-do", the camera app crashed and didn't save my video. But other than that, no problems.

Speaking of the camera...while significantly slower than the Pixel camera, it takes awesome pictures and more consistently than the Pixel. With the Pixel, if I wasn't getting the "halo" effect, I was getting white washed pictures even in full daylight or blurry pictures at night. I'd rather put up with the slower camera on the Moto Z Force that hit and miss quality of the Pixel .

Speaking of this iPhone 7+ on my desk at work. One thing that has kept me from using it...iTunes. I don't want to have to sync with iTunes to get photos off the phone. I want to plug it in, move my pictures from phone to PC for storage and backup and be done with it.
    02-08-2017 09:20 AM
    Your iPhone should just load photos like an SD card when you plug into your PC. A autoplay window should open with the option to "Import Photos and Videos using Windows". You never have to sync with iTunes for photos/vids. My wife has been using iPhones since the 4 and that is how we always unload photos.

That being said, I have tried almost all the iPhones from the 4 on pretty much every year. I still cant use them and get rid of them. I dont like how locked down iOS is for doing just basic things.

I Love my Droid, more than I have any recent phone. I only bought one due to a huge sale at Best Buy a while back and I am very happy I did.
    02-08-2017 09:27 AM
    Speaking of this iPhone 7+ on my desk at work. One thing that has kept me from using it...iTunes. I don't want to have to sync with iTunes to get photos off the phone. I want to plug it in, move my pictures from phone to PC for storage and backup and be done with it.
    I know, off topic on an Android Central forum, but there are a couple of ways to do this without iTunes (which I do not use for photos.) The first is iCloud Photo Library, which puts all of your photos into iCloud, and will sync easily to a Mac's Photos app or Windows - see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205323 for Windows.

The only issue is that Apple only gives you 5 GB of storage on iCloud for free, so you have to pay a monthly fee if you have more than 5 GB of storage.

The other way is at the same link - using My Photo Stream on iCloud, which I believe holds your last 30 days of photos. You just have to download them onto your PC (though it's possible on Windows that they just download automatically - I have only Macs.) There is no charge for My Photo Stream that I know of.
    02-08-2017 11:28 AM
    I know, off topic on an Android Central forum, but there are a couple of ways to do this without iTunes (which I do not use for photos.) The first is iCloud Photo Library, which puts all of your photos into iCloud, and will sync easily to a Mac's Photos app or Windows - see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205323 for Windows.

The only issue is that Apple only gives you 5 GB of storage on iCloud for free, so you have to pay a monthly fee if you have more than 5 GB of storage.

The other way is at the same link - using My Photo Stream on iCloud, which I believe holds your last 30 days of photos. You just have to download them onto your PC (though it's possible on Windows that they just download automatically - I have only Macs.) There is no charge for My Photo Stream that I know of.
    Haven't used an iPhone since a 5s work phone a couple years ago... But at the time I had onedrive set to upload photos from the camera and had icloud shut off... I have a office365 acct so I have 1tb storage on there... But either way you can move them off the onedrive once they sync to the pc... Never had to deal with trying to physically sync the phone that way
    02-08-2017 02:10 PM