I have Moto Voice activated on my Moto Z Force. However, my uConnect system does not work with SMS (voice calls work fine with uConnect). So, while my phone may announce a new SMS and offer the options to listen and reply, I can't use that feature when the phone's in my pocket. So, I wonder whether a bluetooth headset will work? If it will, and if the announcement comes through on the headset speaker and I can reply on the headset mic, I'll be good to go. I don't envision wearing the headset, but think that I can hear it if I leave it on the dash. I activated the option to "Announce incoming calls and texts while a headset is connected." Is my thinking accurate? If so, what are some headset make/models that should work? Thanks.
    02-19-2017 09:14 PM
    I use bluetooth earbuds and the Moto voice worked fine with text messages, hearing me say "no" if I want to reply and "yes" to hear. I switched to a different app that reads texts automatically, without asking. But Moto voice does do what you are seeking. I use Trelab cheapies. I don't know why anything that has a mic wouldn't work.
    02-20-2017 07:40 AM
    Thanks. Do you know whether anyone makes a hands-free unit on which I can turn off voice phone calls and use it only with SMS? My phone works fine for in/out voice with my uConnect.
    02-20-2017 06:05 PM
    That's above my pay grade. I don't know what uConnect is or how to do what you are asking. I use eCid app in the Playstore and it allows you to select if you want SMS and/or phone calls read out loud. Problem is I can't get it to recognize my voice commands, but it is OK since all I want is texts read out loud when I am driving with my earbuds in.
    02-20-2017 06:56 PM
    Management application connection bluetooth headset on Google Play "Bluetooth Audio Widget free"
    02-22-2017 02:46 PM