See the new LG G6, still can't compare to Z Force!

jimgravy

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Greetings all! As a previous LG consumer (LG 2, 3, and 4) I took a chance with Motorola and it's incredible Z Force...So glad I made the move. With Moto Mods in full swing, the versatility they present still blows me away! If I were to purchase the G6, or the Samsung (God forbid) S8, what you see is what you're stuck with. It may be enough for some, but why put yourself in a box, with no expansion opportunities? I can't wait for the wireless charging back, the Solar panel back, a walkie talkie back that looks amazing. Moto has promised compatibility of its current mods for three years, and by then, I might consider an updated ZZ Force!

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
The Z Force is certainly a phone to be reckoned with! Glad you are loving it!

Perhaps the most underrated Android phone right now. While not perfect (and no phone is right now and that's looking at you Pixel), this is by far the most balanced, feature rich phone out there. Just wish the camera was a tad faster...that said, I've taken some amazing photos with it.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps the most underrated Android phone right now. While not perfect (and no phone is right now and that's looking at you Pixel), this is by far the most balanced, feature rich phone out there. Just wish the camera was a tad faster...that said, I've taken some amazing photos with it.

I couldn't agree with you more! No phone on the market is "perfect," and there are so many underrated phones out there as well! I definitely agree with you about the Moto Z Force.

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't agree with you more! No phone on the market is "perfect," and there are so many underrated phones out there as well! I definitely agree with you about the Moto Z Force.

I would have liked to have seen the Moto Z Force with at least 64GB base with a 128GB option. I am using a top rated (U3) MicroSD card as adoptive storage and for the most part, it is working well. But I've noticed some stuttering and random, short term lockups and I tend to blame the adoptive storage.

My "backup" phone is a Pixel 128GB. That phone has amazing speed and performance. I just feel that I am in the small minority in thinking the camera isn't "all that." Sure it is way faster than the MotoZ but I've had more bad pictures with it than the MotoZ.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Greetings all! As a previous LG consumer (LG 2, 3, and 4) I took a chance with Motorola and it's incredible Z Force...So glad I made the move. With Moto Mods in full swing, the versatility they present still blows me away! If I were to purchase the G6, or the Samsung (God forbid) S8, what you see is what you're stuck with. It may be enough for some, but why put yourself in a box, with no expansion opportunities? I can't wait for the wireless charging back, the Solar panel back, a walkie talkie back that looks amazing. Moto has promised compatibility of its current mods for three years, and by then, I might consider an updated ZZ Force!
One could take the other viewpoint. Why lock yourself into a system with MODs that may or may not have a future. In addition, some MODs are certainly clever, however most of them just add too much bulk.

jimgravy

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I appreciate your point of view. As for bulk, I wanted a Mophie Battery Mod to eliminate my need to recharge an entire day...Success! Does it add bulk, indeed, but I accept the trade-off. The mods increase in value when there are 2 Moto Z's in the house, being able to swap back and forth as needed. What I see is the only device that brings new opportunities to solve a particular need, without the high cost of upgrading so quickly down the road.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I would have liked to have seen the Moto Z Force with at least 64GB base with a 128GB option. I am using a top rated (U3) MicroSD card as adoptive storage and for the most part, it is working well. But I've noticed some stuttering and random, short term lockups and I tend to blame the adoptive storage.

My "backup" phone is a Pixel 128GB. That phone has amazing speed and performance. I just feel that I am in the small minority in thinking the camera isn't "all that." Sure it is way faster than the MotoZ but I've had more bad pictures with it than the MotoZ.

I've heard mixed reviews about the camera - hopefully that's something that gets addressed/improved in the future!