Dragon Mobile Assistant with Moto Z Force & Bluetooth

Jimmy_W

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I installed Dragon with the hope of using it for SMS through my vehicle hands free device, a Jabra Freeway. Dragon receives and announces or reads my incoming SMSes, but I cannot respond through Dragon with my bluetooth device. This issue is only with SMS, as I already can use my uConnect for voice, but my model uConnect does not support SMS. I tried simialr apps, but the result is the same. Maybe I'm missing a setting on my phone, but I can't understand why I can hear stuff via bluetooth, but the phone can't hear me. Thanks.

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I use eCID app, which used to respond to voice commands, but after Marshmallow stopped. It still reads out SMS, which is all I want. Some on this board suggested Moto and I set that up and it worked both ways (read and respond), but I didn't like always having to answer "Do you want me to read this text to you" so I went back to eCID. So, you might try Moto and see if that is what you are looking for.

Carmelitia

Mar 24, 2017
Visit site
I used to be able to hear a text alert and respond via my car bluetooth, but ever since the last update, the phone does not override the radio to tell me I have a text message. I was hoping the new update I received this am would have fixed that, but unfortunately not. If I want to drive in silence, and turn my car system to audio, then it will speak to me

Jimmy_W

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I have the latest update to my Verizon Moto Z force. I don't know why, but sometimes I will receive SMS announcements and be able to reply through my uConnect bluetooth. This is inconsistent, in that it doesn't happen often, and I can't get it to work in tests. Voice calls are fine.