Moto Z Force Droid Camera Issues After Nougat

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I've reported some camera problems in the last month or so but I've seen many reports of camera issues on the Moto Z Force Droid after the Nougat update...so wanted to start an official thread for those issues...

My main ones in the past have been errors when taking video that will not only crash but never save the video you were taking:

Screenshot_20170212-115143.jpg
Screenshot_20170212-113735.jpg

After I did a factor reset (but continued to use adoptive storage), the problem came back one time but never again. So for now, it is stable.

Any other issues and solutions to report?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't have any issues with the Moto Z Force Droid camera.

I have not experienced a "Camera Error - Please restart camera." message.

I have not experienced a "Camera Busy - Camera unable to start. If this repeats please power off your phone and restart." message.

I use a micro SD card but not Adoptive Storage. The camera is set to save to the SD card. I have not experienced an issue where taking a video will crash and not save the video.

I suggest re-trying with a different or better SD card if you insist on using Adoptive Storage OR stop using Adoptive Storage.

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't have any issues with the Moto Z Force Droid camera.

I have not experienced a "Camera Error - Please restart camera." message.

I have not experienced a "Camera Busy - Camera unable to start. If this repeats please power off your phone and restart." message.

I use a micro SD card but not Adoptive Storage. The camera is set to save to the SD card. I have not experienced an issue where taking a video will crash and not save the video.

I suggest re-trying with a different or better SD card if you insist on using Adoptive Storage OR stop using Adoptive Storage.

I tried both with no MicroSD and with and both times I got the Camera Error. So went back to adoptive storage, did one more Factory Reset and while I did get the error early on, I haven't since...was wondering if perhaps my camera could be defective...

murfo1211

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
My Moto Z has been terrible since early December, slow and buggy and the Camera is very frustratingly slow and glitchy and often freezes.

ASD Dad

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Zero issues with my camera and I take a TON of photos with it with 3 kids and recent vacations and b-day parties. I have a fast SD card as storage only with camera set to save to the SD.

I am really impressed with the camera, even at night.

jesta192

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Zero issues with my camera and I take a TON of photos with it with 3 kids and recent vacations and b-day parties. I have a fast SD card as storage only with camera set to save to the SD.

I am really impressed with the camera, even at night.

Agreed, very few issues here. The only time I see Camera errors like that is if I have the flashlight active when I try to open the Camera app. Usually turning off the flashlight fixes it. Also make sure you don't have any apps which might be holding the camera hardware hostage in the background. Maybe you can find an app which will tell you which of your apps have camera permissions?

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Agreed, very few issues here. The only time I see Camera errors like that is if I have the flashlight active when I try to open the Camera app. Usually turning off the flashlight fixes it. Also make sure you don't have any apps which might be holding the camera hardware hostage in the background. Maybe you can find an app which will tell you which of your apps have camera permissions?

I usually get "camera error" when I am in a video and I take a few still shots. I am almost scared to do it anymore because then if it crashes, the video doesn't save.

jesta192

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I usually get "camera error" when I am in a video and I take a few still shots. I am almost scared to do it anymore because then if it crashes, the video doesn't save.
I see. I never got that much value out of taking stills during video recording, even on my old camera (it left gaps in the video when you took a picture though).

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante