Is there a calendar app that can send reminders by sms? Preferably, how about an extension to Google Calendar that will send sms? Thanks.
    03-03-2017 04:19 PM
    You can do that with IFTTT.com pretty easily. Create a free account there, attach your Google account and SMS number, and create a rule that sends an SMS when you have an event in your calendar.

But, if you are sending an SMS, presumably you have your phone with you, so why aren't you just using reminders in the calendar app on the phone? Or are you trying to SMS to another phone?
    Ry likes this.
    03-03-2017 05:38 PM
    But, if you are sending an SMS, presumably you have your phone with you, so why aren't you just using reminders in the calendar app on the phone? Or are you trying to SMS to another phone?
    Good question.

Calendar Notifications work just fine on my phone.
    03-03-2017 05:53 PM
    You can do that with IFTTT.com pretty easily. Create a free account there, attach your Google account and SMS number, and create a rule that sends an SMS when you have an event in your calendar.
    By the way, there is an IFTTT app on the phone, but I was talking about doing this on their web site, https://ifttt.com/
    03-03-2017 05:59 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, that's a fair question. It's just me, but I tend to ignore the GC's reminders, while I never miss an SMS. The GC reminders do work fine. I believe that Calengoo also would work, though it's not free, but only $5.99.
    03-03-2017 06:02 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, that's a fair question. It's just me, but I tend to ignore the GC's reminders, while I never miss an SMS. The GC reminders do work fine. I believe that Calengoo also would work, though it's not free, but only $5.99.
    Change the calendar reminder sound to the same sound that you use for SMS notifications.
    03-03-2017 08:19 PM
    Thanks. True, but with Message+ I can set pop-up notifications that are much more alerting than the beep and icon notice native to Calendar.
    03-03-2017 10:48 PM
    Thanks. True, but with Message+ I can set pop-up notifications that are much more alerting than the beep and icon notice native to Calendar.
    Well, then try IFTTT. The issue with IFTTT, though, is that it sends the text at the exact time of the event, rather than notifying you at a set time before the event.

If this is an issue, here is another idea:

1. Set your Google Calendar default notification from "notification" to "email". This will send an email to your Google account (obviously.)
    2. If the email notification is still not good enough, set a Gmail filter to send any of these messages (when you get one in Gmail on a PC browser, there is a drop down under the "more" button above the message to "Filter messages like these."). Set the filter to forward these messages to yourphonenumber@vtext.com, which will send the email as an SMS message to your phone (assuming you have a Verizon phone. If it's not Verizon, there are email gateways for all of the carriers; see https://20somethingfinance.com/how-t...mail-for-free/ ). When you set up a forwarding address in Gmail it will send a verification email to the email address. There is a verification code that is sent, but the message is too large for a text - but that verification code is in parentheses at the start of the text message you receive. See https://www.askdavetaylor.com/forwar...-text-message/

This works...
    03-04-2017 11:51 AM
    Thanks!! Yes, this works perfectly. I like the SMS notice because I set Message+ to issue pop-up notices, even on a locked screen, so there's less chance that I'll miss one. I also configured Gmail to delete the forwarded messages. And yes, this is better than IFTTT. Great!
    03-04-2017 04:35 PM