Moto z force photos all over & battery life not that great

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I contacted Verizon to see if there was anything I could do about signal strength. They recommended changing my settings to "enable data access over mobile network " and change the network from "Global" to LTE/CDMA. I did this. It looks like it made things worse or am I reading it wrong since I was home later & u can see where I was able to be on Wifi.

For the record, when you are in the United States, Global is exactly the same at LTE/CDMA, with one exception: Global just adds the ability to connect to GSM/UMTS networks when you are outside the US and there is no CDMA network available (most places around the world don't use CDMA at all). The only reason that switch would help is if the phone isn't seeing CDMA at all and tries to connect to GSM (even though it will never connect). The switch to LTE/CDMA will never make it worse - Verizon will never roam to a GSM network (used by AT&T and T-Mobile) when you are in the US.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Do you **need** notifications from the Facebook app? If you can live without them, try uninstalling the app and connecting to Facebook using the Chrome browser. It works almost exactly the same way. Try it for a couple of days. See if that helps battery life a little.

You also obviously have Outlook. If you have Exchange mail connections, that can also affect battery life. Theres not much you can do about that if you need it to be Exchange.

Mattsg430

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
+1 on the Facebook app being a battery drain and it's also a lag inducer. I just bookmarked the Facebook page in Chrome as a home icon and my phone has run smoother with improved battery life ever since.

Your cell signal is pretty bad too. I can't imagine that isn't causing some battery life issues.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
If it's new, it might take some time for the battery to settle. I have the regular Z and it took some time for the battery to settle, but I regularly get 4 hours of SOT over a 14+ hour day.

Your cell signal also plays a role. The weaker the signal, the harder the antennas will be pushed to maintain a connection. Check for any draining apps as well. Facebook is a known battery hog.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital