Moto Z Force Droid: NCLS25.86-11-4-6-8 (March 1, 2017 Security Patch)

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Received my security update this morning. Haven't noticed any new problems, but haven't put the phone through it's paces yet. NCLS25.86-11-4-6-8

Jaj4e

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Not sure. Only had my phone for a week & it had 2 updates in the first few days. Then it started to freeze up or the screen goes black out of nowhere on occasion & I have to play around with the power button for awhile for it to reboot. I read that was a common problem after the nougat update but no one knew what the fix was. That even people who did a hard reset still had an issue. I wasn't sure if this latest update was a fix for it.

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Not sure. Only had my phone for a week & it had 2 updates in the first few days. Then it started to freeze up or the screen goes black out of nowhere on occasion & I have to play around with the power button for awhile for it to reboot. I read that was a common problem after the nougat update but no one knew what the fix was. That even people who did a hard reset still had an issue. I wasn't sure if this latest update was a fix for it.

If I was you I would do a FDR and see if that fixes your issues. The update from Friday was just a security update. It won't fix issues it's to protect the operating system.

jesta192

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Apparently it didn't fix it. It froze up on me again.

I've never really had that issue with the Z Force. I've had it very rarely on older phones, but it generally happened in relation to the browser and browsing a heavy webpage. Rebooting usually fixed that.

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
No freezing here, but since this update my phone gets randomly hot and battery life has taken a marginal hit.
If it wasn't for the heat I'd figure it was just "settling" after the update. Nougat seems to need that settling period.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad