Still happy after months of use?

ASD Dad

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
I am! Which is sort of a happy surprise. I like to change phones. When we switched back to Verizon a couple years ago and I was doing a lot more work on my phone I decided to splurge a bit and check out some new phones. My prior two phones to the Force were a Nexus 5x and a Moto X Pure. I still have both. I also had the iPhone 6, 6s, S6, Note 5, S7, G4, Nexus 6 and a 6p... All of those are gone! All had some sort of quibble or issue that I just could not get past.

I was just sort of going back and forth with the MXPE and 5x waiting for the next new phone and never paid much attention to the Z even though I liked Moto phones. Best Buy had one of their specials with a $200 gift card and free mod so I went and grabbed one to try out. I have to say I was really surprised how much I liked the phone and still do. It was a lot snappier than the MXPE, camera was miles better, shatterproof screen and a really good battery life. To be honest, I have only used the Speaker mod twice. It was fun and cool but just as a plain old phone the Z Force is still a great choice.

Only thing I dont like? No headphone jack! I have some BT headphones which are OK but I have nicer wired ones and keeping the little dongle around is a pain. Has Moto ever sold that dongle?? They did not when I checked months ago. Saw rumors the Z 2 may bring the jack back which would be nice.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
From what I have read on the Moto forum they don't sell the USB - C to 3.5MM headphone adapter separate from the phone. Early / rumored pics of the Moto Z2 (or whatever it will be called) do depict a headphone jack. Until it's released, any rumored pic is just a rumor.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I still have mine. It is a work phone so I only use it for work, calls and email that is it. I only charge mine on Sunday and
Wednesday. I don't have a case or a screen protector on it or a case. The screen is pretty scuffed up but it is functional.

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
No. The phone ear piece is buzzy and something keeps interfering with the blue tooth so that it clips. I have to reboot the phone once a day to get it to stop. Then it is good for another day. Not happy at all but stuck with it for two years.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
You can get the adapter on Amazon.

Yes, you can get one. I can't find the Motorola one though. I think the OP was specifically asking about Motorola selling it. They should all work the same though.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
No. The phone ear piece is buzzy and something keeps interfering with the blue tooth so that it clips. I have to reboot the phone once a day to get it to stop. Then it is good for another day. Not happy at all but stuck with it for two years.

The only time I get the buzzing sound is when I call someone who does not have HD calling or a landline.

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I can hear the buzz with the dial tone on every call. And then the buzz continues when I'm talking to various lines. Oddly, it doesn't happen when I use speaker phone. This is my fourth smart phone since beginning with the original Droid, and it has had the most problems.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I have had mine for 8 months. My only complaints are battery life is weakening and I do tend to get some lag her and there after last update. But the build quality has this phone physically holding up well

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Happy with everything except battery life. For a 3500 mah battery, it's unimpressive. Incredibly snappy device though. Performance is incredible.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Not to be too much like Samsung with a lot of extraneous stuff, but it would be nice to have the option to reduce screen resolution to 1080P. There are differing opinions to how much battery that really saves. Battery life has weakened slightly for me over time.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I have a Z Play and a Z Force. They have the same size screen and battery, yet the Z Play battery life is double that of the Force. That's kind of disappointing.

5.5 yes. But 2K vs. 1080 is significant. As is the processor.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670