Can I make mobile number appear at top of SMS recipients?

Jimmy_W

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
When I use either Messages+ or Messages on my Verizon Moto Z Force, my contacts appear as addressee choices when I type the first letter of the name. However, the first number may be a contact's land line. I attached a screenshot with an example. You'll see that the first number listed is a fax number, while the mobile number is second. I want the mobile number to appear first in the list. Thanks.

screen17-06-22-11-52-09.jpg

Jimmy_W

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I misunderstand, but I have the mobile number as the first one in my Contact setting. It's the number immediately below the name. See screenshot.

screen17-06-22-12-58-13.jpg

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It's not the first in the contacts list.

Maybe first entered in the contact? Not sure.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Using Verizon Messenger+ I've always had all contact information appear when entering a recipient by name and I might add, is my single gripe about the app. There's no reason for landlines, email addresses, etc. to appear in an SMS app.

I've sent feedback to Verizon requesting them to add an option to make only Mobile numbers appear as some other SMS apps do - Textra, for example. Seems such a simple & obvious thing & I cannot imagine why it hasn't been done. I'd encourage anyone who would like the option to only show mobile numbers in the app to shoot Verizon feedback requesting it.

Jimmy_W

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. There are only those two numbers, but it must be reverse. See the screenshot. After I edited the contact to place Mobile below Fax, the Mobile number is the top one when I select "K" in Messages+.

screen17-06-22-02-50-35.jpg

Jimmy_W

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Using Verizon Messenger+ I've always had all contact information appear when entering a recipient by name and I might add, is my single gripe about the app. There's no reason for landlines, email addresses, etc. to appear in an SMS app.

Absolutely! I think that the default Messages app does the same thing, however, but correct me if I'm wrong.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely! I think that the default Messages app does the same thing, however, but correct me if I'm wrong.
For my use, it's the biggest oversight in many text apps but, several do offer the option to only show mobile numbers. Also for my uses, even with this giant wart I still prefer the Verizon version - the only Verizon app I've ever been enamored with.

If they would just address this single, small thing one could argue it's the best, most customizable app to be found. If the possibility interests you, take a minute & hammer out some feedback asking for it. Believe it or not, feedback can work especially when it's sensible & has potential to build popularity in the bargain.