There's one on the website. Anyone get it? If so what's the patch level if so?

Here's the page: http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=rsc_anUV
    06-30-2017 05:49 PM
    Yea i just got the update. It didn't seem to have an updated security patch (still on May 1st) so I'm not too sure what changed lol.
    07-01-2017 12:48 AM
    Yea i just got the update. It didn't seem to have an updated security patch (still on May 1st) so I'm not too sure what changed lol.
    That's what I thought. The only update appears to be a newer build of the same kernel. Phone seems more responsive, but I doubt they're releasing a pure performance update at this stage.
    07-01-2017 12:54 AM
    Yeah, I was actually checking for and thought this might be the 7.1.1 (or 7.1.2 or whatever we're going to get in the next) update. Then I saw the time estimate of 10 minutes and realized it's probably just the next security patch. Now realize it's not even that. So not sure "`what'a" included.. hopeful someone on the board can enlighten us
    07-01-2017 01:10 AM
    ... Then I saw the time estimate of 10 minutes and realized it's probably just the next security patch. Now realize it's not even that. So not sure "`what'a" included.. hopeful someone on the board can enlighten us
    I'm assuming they've fixed some exploit.
    Damn the devs came that close to getting us root! Just kidding, no one's working with this phone.
    07-01-2017 10:08 AM
    I'm assuming they've fixed some exploit.
    Damn the devs came that close to getting us root! Just kidding, no one's working with this phone.
    Yeah, must have been serious to push out now considering i believe they already have a June security patch ready to go (but not delivered with this update as it presumably is) waiting in the wings to deploy together with the 7.1 update that (rumor has it is being soaked and) is "coming soon"?
    07-01-2017 12:16 PM
    Yeah, must have been serious to push out now considering i believe they already have a June security patch ready to go (but not delivered with this update as it presumably is) waiting in the wings to deploy together with the 7.1 update that (rumor has it is being soaked and) is "coming soon"?
    7.1 is not being soaked that I know of. Someone figured this kernel might be prerequisite to 7.1, that doesn't make much since though as they could've soaked the whole process and not rolled the kernel to everyone.
    07-01-2017 01:27 PM
    7.1 is not being soaked that I know of. Someone figured this kernel might be prerequisite to 7.1, that doesn't make much since though as they could've soaked the whole process and not rolled the kernel to everyone.
    Actually, I was thinking about that (prerequisite) possibility as well. Before I retired, I managed software development and am familiar with the "build" process. So, you're right in it not making much sense, but it's "possible" that their 7.1 release candidate was QA'd off a branch from this new build so maybe they needed to get everyone on this foundation?
    07-01-2017 04:47 PM