How do I stop particular Google notifications?

Jimmy_W

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure why, but I receive daily weather updates from Google on the bar that's at the top of my Moto Z Force (what do yo call that bar?). How do I stop these? I don't necessarily want to block other Google notifications. Thanks.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
That would be the notification bar or notification pulldown. The next time you get the icon, pull the bar down, press and hold the notification. It should show you the related app and allow you to turn the notification off. If that should not work, you can find the Google Weather app on your device and turn off notifications there.

Jimmy_W

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks very much. The options are Show notifications silently, Block all notifications, and Don't silence or block. The last one was checked. I now chose Show notifications silently, so I'll see what happens. I'm not sure that makes sense, as the notification are silent now anyway. Perhaps I should try Block all notifications as the next step. I don't have the Google Weather app, AFAIK.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Are you referring to the Notification panel, or the Google Now search bar that comes preloaded in the top of the Home screen? It kind of sounds like you are describing a Google Now "card", which is what Google Now calls the notifications it feeds you based on your selections and interests

Jimmy_W

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, Scott. I'm referring to the notification panel, which is above the standard Google search box.

Jimmy_W

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
It seems that the"Show notifications silently" didn't do it, so I selected "Block all notifications." I'd still like to know if there's a Google app or setting that controls this.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Try this: Apps > Google > three line menu > Customize > Everything else > Interested In Weather Updates. Is that set to On or Off? It sounds like the Google app / Assistant thinks you want weather updates automatically