Bluetooth randomly turning off

GoBigRed4

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Weird Bluetooth issue. It just turns off randomly. Sometimes it does it when I'm connected to my car, sometimes not. Let me be clear: it's not just losing the connection to a device, it is literally turning off completely - I have to go into the settings and turn Bluetooth back on.

I thought maybe it was my car, but I don't think so anymore for 2 reasons. One: how did the car make the Bluetooth on my phone turn off? I can see losing a connection but not turning off completely on my phone. Two: while it mostly happens while connected to my car, I've noticed it does it other times too. Occasionally I'll pick up the phone to use it and notice the Bluetooth is off.

I've tried deleting the car info from my phone and vice versa for the car and re-pairing with no success. I don't want to factory reset, but maybe that's the only option now.

turbochgd

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
Is this something that's happening only recently or since you got the phone? I had a Bluetooth issue with my Force and had to send it back for exchange. Hopefully that's not the case with yours.

GoBigRed4

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I think it might have started after the last update, but that update was so small that I figured it was just a security update. Also, I updated very close to the date I got my new car, so it's hard to do a test to see if for some reason it is the car. I still have a hard time believing the car could make the Bluetooth shut off altogether though.

turbochgd

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
I see, so this wasn't an issue for you earlier on. If it's also happening when your car isn't involved, then possibly a factory reset may fix it. I know that's a lousy option, but not sure what else you can do other than sending it back for an exchange from Moto.

I'm pretty sure my Bluetooth was never working properly. They exchanged it and the new (refurb? couldn't tell) worked great.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I've had a similar issue a few times. Odd thing is, in the quick settings, it shows the Bluetooth on, but when I go into the detailed settings, it's off, and I have to turn it on.