I have had a Z Force since it came out and had no problems at all until last month. My phone started freezing up and I had to force a shutdown. The problem only happened a few times then it started getting more and more. Then I lost my wifi, it would show a blank white screen when I went into the wifi settings. Then one day when I went in to settings the whole setting screen was white and It would freeze and reboot. (no new apps were downloaded, only thing I had started doing right before this happen was to use the off grid battery mod for most of the day while on vacation)

That's when I went through moto and got a replacement and thought all was good. Well the replacement is like a whole different phone and it sucks! Camera is terrible, Bluetooth drops and phone signal is worse than my original.

So this has me thinking of getting a new phone and trying something new. I have had Moto's since the Original Turbo and looked at the Z2 force but the smaller battery size has me worried.

I'm have been looking at the S8 now, I like the camera and overall size of the phone.

So whats your thoughts.... Z2 Force or S8?

Or do I send this Force back and try a third one?
    08-02-2017 08:56 AM
    I think I would actually suggest an S8.
    cbironman24 likes this.
    08-02-2017 09:55 AM
    I have had a Z Force since it came out and had no problems at all until last month. My phone started freezing up and I had to force a shutdown. The problem only happened a few times then it started getting more and more. Then I lost my wifi, it would show a blank white screen when I went into the wifi settings. Then one day when I went in to settings the whole setting screen was white and It would freeze and reboot. (no new apps were downloaded, only thing I had started doing right before this happen was to use the off grid battery mod for most of the day while on vacation)

That's when I went through moto and got a replacement and thought all was good. Well the replacement is like a whole different phone and it sucks! Camera is terrible, Bluetooth drops and phone signal is worse than my original.

So this has me thinking of getting a new phone and trying something new. I have had Moto's since the Original Turbo and looked at the Z2 force but the smaller battery size has me worried.

I'm have been looking at the S8 now, I like the camera and overall size of the phone.

Did they give you a refurb?

I would suggest waiting to look at the S8, the upcoming Pixels and the LG V30 if you can wait.
    08-02-2017 10:43 AM
    Did they give you a refurb?

I would suggest waiting to look at the S8, the upcoming Pixels and the LG V30 if you can wait.

Yes I assume it's a refurb from Moto. Came in a moto box wrapped in bubble wrap. The phone looks new but Im sure its a refurb.

I really don't like the look of the Pixel phones. LG V30 might be to big of a phone for me.
    I might test drive a S8, Verizon has a 30 day return deal if you purchase online.
    08-02-2017 11:04 AM
    Yes I assume it's a refurb from Moto. Came in a moto box wrapped in bubble wrap. The phone looks new but Im sure its a refurb.

I really don't like the look of the Pixel phones. LG V30 might be to big of a phone for me.
    I might test drive a S8, Verizon has a 30 day return deal if you purchase online.
    Glad to hear that they went back to 30 days....it was 14 last year.
    08-02-2017 11:20 AM
    Glad to hear that they went back to 30 days....it was 14 last year.
    It did say something like "for a limited time only" and it was online purchases only.
    08-02-2017 11:24 AM
    It did say something like "for a limited time only" and it was online purchases only.
    I always purchase online especially if doing a preorder. If I have a problem and need an exchange I do it online too unless I need it right away like on an exchange deadline but I call the 800 number to get the exchange approved so the store doesn't give me grief.
    08-02-2017 11:44 AM
    I have the z force for work, and the s8plus for personal. I prefer the Samsung s8 plus the best. my Motorola z force is just plain.....
    cbironman24 likes this.
    08-02-2017 02:58 PM

One way or another you should have a phone that works so annoying as it is I'd try for a third one and if you have a problem with that, then advocate for a different model.
    08-02-2017 04:05 PM
    Well I ordered on line and picked up a S8 in store today after work. I'll test drive this while I send my Force back for another one. So far I'm liking the S8.
    benjamminh likes this.
    08-02-2017 10:33 PM
    I hope you went with the 8+ , I prefer the larger display. I would not have thought about buying the Moto but since the company I work for is Motorola Solutions we kinda have to rep the logo...
    08-03-2017 02:03 PM
    I hope you went with the 8+ , I prefer the larger display. I would not have thought about buying the Moto but since the company I work for is Motorola Solutions we kinda have to rep the logo...
    I went with the regular 8. Not the plus. A friend had the 8+ and it just seemed a little too big for me. I like the fact that I can put a case on th S8 and it's still smaller than my Force without a case and has a slightly bigger display.

I'm still getting used to it but so far really like it.
    08-03-2017 08:52 PM
    I went with the regular 8. Not the plus. A friend had the 8+ and it just seemed a little too big for me. I like the fact that I can put a case on th S8 and it's still smaller than my Force without a case and has a slightly bigger display.

I'm still getting used to it but so far really like it.
    How is the new phone so far?
    08-05-2017 03:04 PM
    How is the new phone so far?
    I like it. I miss some Moto stuff like the twist for camera and chop for flashlight but the phone is super fast and the display looks much better than the force.
    I haven't found myself wanting to go back to the Force so I must like it.
    I think it's going to be a keeper. I'll probably keep the Force as a backup.
    08-05-2017 06:34 PM
    I like it. I miss some Moto stuff like the twist for camera and chop for flashlight but the phone is super fast and the display looks much better than the force.
    I haven't found myself wanting to go back to the Force so I must like it.
    I think it's going to be a keeper. I'll probably keep the Force as a backup.
    Nothing wrong with a backup.

Would you like the thread closed?
    cbironman24 likes this.
    08-05-2017 08:17 PM
    You could always try the Z2 Force, however, if you are looking for a change of pace, you could always try the S8! Head over to your nearest carrier store/kiosk and give it a try! See how it feels in the hand. It's a beautiful device that runs really well.
    08-05-2017 08:51 PM
    You could always try the Z2 Force, however, if you are looking for a change of pace, you could always try the S8! Head over to your nearest carrier store/kiosk and give it a try! See how it feels in the hand. It's a beautiful device that runs really well.
    The smaller battery in the Z2 Force turned me off of that for an option.
    08-05-2017 09:21 PM
    Nothing wrong with a backup.

Would you like the thread closed?
    Can never have too many backups. I still have my Turbo and Turbo 2. They work great for running satellite radio to a Bluetooth speaker over Wi-Fi.

You can close the thread down. I'm going to hop over to the S8 forum and check things out for a bit.
    08-05-2017 09:27 PM
    Thread closed upon request.
    08-05-2017 09:47 PM