Moto z force 7.1.1 is live

HowardL168

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Not sure I like the Group icon changing from overlay to (up to) 4 actual icons from the group. I do like the slide up for apps making room for another docked app. Anxious to test the previously mentioned autofocus improvement. I like the camera interface enhancements...video icon to easy switch. There's a new camera option for "assistive grid". Can any camera buffs describe how to best use that feature?

Mattsg430

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I think the grid, like most other phones that offer it, is used to center and position photos of say a group of people or whatever, so you know the image is lined up right.

Mattsg430

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Having said that, I haven't noticed any improvement in the camera. Just some ui tweaks as far as I can tell. Would be nice of Moto actually updated their camera app in the play store. Last update was Aug 2016

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
It rolls out in waves. Not everyone in every location gets it at the same time.

FYI, location within the US never has anything to do with availability of updates. They are rolled out randomly to phones as they check in once a day to look for updates. There is no reason to post where you are.

HowardL168

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Having said that, I haven't noticed any improvement in the camera. Just some ui tweaks as far as I can tell. Would be nice of Moto actually updated their camera app in the play store. Last update was Aug 2016
Thanks for the feedback on grid. As for improvements besides the UI tweaks, someone else on this board mentioned improvement in the autofocus (being better and faster). Have you noticed or tested that?

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Anyone notice better battery life. Mine seems to have gotten even better .

Really? Standby or in use battery life? This would be good because I think battery life on the Z Force kinda sucks. I get better battery life on my LG G2 and double the battery life on my Z Play.

JohnS305

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Mine does seem to be a little better since the update. Thought it might just be my imagination but since others are also noticing it too it could be.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol