Moto z force 7.1.1 is live

jlmorris

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, my phone seems to be bricked after the update. I had it plugged in and it seemed to complete the install but rebooted to the bootloader screen. I've tried software repair assistant to reinstall the software but it fails at different points.

I'll have to play with it more when I get back home from my trip. Looks like I'll probably be visiting a VZW store and hope they can resolve the situation for me.

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Since the update, after I reboot, I get the message "Motorola One Time init has stopped. Close app." Anyone know what that app does? How do I fix?

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Why do they bother with a soak test? This was a problem in the soak test (bricking with SD cards) yet it was immediately rolled out for public consumption. After rebooting put your SD card back in and format it. That seemed to fix my issue.

JohnS305

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
When you say with sd card I assume you mean with sd card as internal storage. I have an sd card as portable storage and updated with no problems at all.

Bitterman

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Why do they bother with a soak test? This was a problem in the soak test (bricking with SD cards) yet it was immediately rolled out for public consumption. After rebooting put your SD card back in and format it. That seemed to fix my issue.
Yeah, there was a much longer soak for the previous minor update. I think this soak was about two days before it was released to the wild. Not much time to check it out.

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I have always had it formatted as portable storage. Odd.

Update: my problem is not solved. Everytime I reboot the phone with the SD card inserted, it hangs at the moto screen and then the "no command" screen shows. I need to remove the SD card to boot now. If I insert the card once the phone is up and running, it works and I have full access to it, until I reboot. In 6+ years or running Android moto's and soak testing, this is the first one that has failed me.

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
2 weekend days with zero response from mods...
Not sure what your past experiences are but mine are they almost never respond to issues. I'm starting to think the soak is not about really about finding issues.
I got wiped out by an SDCard issue on an update along with a couple others(?)
When you start a "test" then push it 60 hours later to everyone you've already put things in place. I doubt unless everyone in that soak got bricked they'd stop the rollout. At least not now because they've don it in the past.

With that rant out the way, have you formatted or tried another SDCard?

Bitterman

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I've read the soak test is the final version of the software so unless some huge issues pop up they're going to release it to the general public.

jlmorris

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Actually, I have always had it formatted as portable storage. Odd.

Update: my problem is not solved. Everytime I reboot the phone with the SD card inserted, it hangs at the moto screen and then the "no command" screen shows. I need to remove the SD card to boot now. If I insert the card once the phone is up and running, it works and I have full access to it, until I reboot. In 6+ years or running Android moto's and soak testing, this is the first one that has failed me.

I ended up buying a new micro sd card. I tried fully formatting the old card with my laptop and various other things I found googling this issue to get it to work (except i didn't format it for internal storage as I wanted to keep it as portable storage) while booting up the phone, but kept getting this same screen as you.

The old sd card I was using works fine in my old g3 and fire hd 8, so I'm using it in fire hd 8.

Karendar

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I ended up buying a new micro sd card. I tried fully formatting the old card with my laptop and various other things I found googling this issue to get it to work (except i didn't format it for internal storage as I wanted to keep it as portable storage) while booting up the phone, but kept getting this same screen as you.

The old sd card I was using works fine in my old g3 and fire hd 8, so I'm using it in fire hd 8.

I'm actually swapping my Lexar card from my laptop to my phone and putting my samsung in my laptop... F this nonsense. :p

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

That is an option. I feel like replacing my SD card is something Moto should do for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek