small folder thumbnails and no blue light in 7.1.1

kkhanmd

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I got moto force Verizon updated to 7.1.1.
But i can't find any blue light options under display settings? Anyone knows why?
Also now all folders have really very tiny icons, and they are really hard to see, any way to make them bigger like they were in 7.0?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Which Moto phone? It'll probably be more helpful to move this thread to that phone's subforum, rather than stay in the general Nougat forum (since your question is device-specific).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's actually not OS related -- the OS is Android, and Android doesn't have a native blue light filter feature. That's added by the manufacturer, so it's more of a device-specific (or manufacturer-specific) issue. That's why I think this would get better traffic in the Z Force forum.

If the phone used to have a blue light filter, and now it's gone, then it's possible Lenovo (or Verizon) removed the feature for some reason -- you'd have to ask them why. You could always look for a 3rd party blue light filter in the Play Store.

Regarding the folders with tiny icons -- do you mean that for folders on the homescreen, you'd like more options for how the app icons are displayed on that folder icon (like grid, fan, stack, etc.)? This would be dependent on the launcher you're using -- if Lenovo doesn't give you an option to customize that appearance, then consider installing a 3rd party launcher like Nova.

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
It's actually not OS related -- the OS is Android, and Android doesn't have a native blue light filter feature. That's added by the manufacturer, so it's more of a device-specific (or manufacturer-specific) issue. That's why I think this would get better traffic in the Z Force forum.

If the phone used to have a blue light filter, and now it's gone, then it's possible Lenovo (or Verizon) removed the feature for some reason -- you'd have to ask them why. You could always look for a 3rd party blue light filter in the Play Store.

Regarding the folders with tiny icons -- do you mean that for folders on the homescreen, you'd like more options for how the app icons are displayed on that folder icon (like grid, fan, stack, etc.)? This would be dependent on the launcher you're using -- if Lenovo doesn't give you an option to customize that appearance, then consider installing a 3rd party launcher like Nova.
But didn't 7.0 have a night mode? It could easily be enabled but was removed in 7.1.

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site