I got moto force Verizon updated to 7.1.1.
    But i can't find any blue light options under display settings? Anyone knows why?
    Also now all folders have really very tiny icons, and they are really hard to see, any way to make them bigger like they were in 7.0?
    08-09-2017 12:33 AM
    Which Moto phone? It'll probably be more helpful to move this thread to that phone's subforum, rather than stay in the general Nougat forum (since your question is device-specific).
    08-09-2017 01:40 AM
    as i did moto z force. but it's os related
    08-09-2017 10:04 AM
    It's actually not OS related -- the OS is Android, and Android doesn't have a native blue light filter feature. That's added by the manufacturer, so it's more of a device-specific (or manufacturer-specific) issue. That's why I think this would get better traffic in the Z Force forum.

If the phone used to have a blue light filter, and now it's gone, then it's possible Lenovo (or Verizon) removed the feature for some reason -- you'd have to ask them why. You could always look for a 3rd party blue light filter in the Play Store.

Regarding the folders with tiny icons -- do you mean that for folders on the homescreen, you'd like more options for how the app icons are displayed on that folder icon (like grid, fan, stack, etc.)? This would be dependent on the launcher you're using -- if Lenovo doesn't give you an option to customize that appearance, then consider installing a 3rd party launcher like Nova.
    benjamminh likes this.
    08-10-2017 12:54 AM
    This "is" the Z Force Forum!
    benjamminh likes this.
    08-10-2017 02:20 AM
    This "is" the Z Force Forum!
    It's because I moved the thread here.
    maxman1 likes this.
    08-10-2017 10:19 AM
    It's because I moved the thread here.
    👍
    B. Diddy likes this.
    08-10-2017 01:23 PM
    It's actually not OS related -- the OS is Android, and Android doesn't have a native blue light filter feature. That's added by the manufacturer, so it's more of a device-specific (or manufacturer-specific) issue. That's why I think this would get better traffic in the Z Force forum.

If the phone used to have a blue light filter, and now it's gone, then it's possible Lenovo (or Verizon) removed the feature for some reason -- you'd have to ask them why. You could always look for a 3rd party blue light filter in the Play Store.

Regarding the folders with tiny icons -- do you mean that for folders on the homescreen, you'd like more options for how the app icons are displayed on that folder icon (like grid, fan, stack, etc.)? This would be dependent on the launcher you're using -- if Lenovo doesn't give you an option to customize that appearance, then consider installing a 3rd party launcher like Nova.
    But didn't 7.0 have a night mode? It could easily be enabled but was removed in 7.1.
    08-10-2017 06:17 PM
    I believe that was only in the Developer Preview. The official 7.0 didn't have an official Night Mode, although there was hack to get it: https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-...ougat-0173311/. Not sure about 7.1.
    08-10-2017 06:31 PM
    I believe that was only in the Developer Preview. The official 7.0 didn't have an official Night Mode, although there was hack to get it: https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-...ougat-0173311/. Not sure about 7.1.
    Yes, it hadd to be enabled but it was still there. It's not there at all on 7.1. Screen overlays has to be use for a blue filter.
    08-10-2017 07:05 PM