Just got an email from Verizon stating that I'm eligible to get 50% off the new Note 8 if I trade in my Moto Z Force. I'm thinking no deal. What are your thoughts?
    08-26-2017 02:36 PM
    Sounds like they want your business for sure.
    08-26-2017 02:54 PM
    Sounds like they want your business for sure.
    Sorry... Forgot to mention I'm a former Note 7 owner. No doubt that's why I received the offer. Just not sure if it's worth it. Thoughts? 🤤
    08-26-2017 03:42 PM
    I saw the Z Force listed as an eligible device for this so I don't think it has anything to do with being a former Note 7 owner. I would first have to pay off the Z Force, then get the discount, and then start paying on the Note 8. If you really want the Note 8 and there's no other discount available and you've had your Force for awhile then it may be decent value,, more than you could get selling the Z Force outright. If you could somehow stack another offer with it that could be very attractive.
    08-26-2017 04:41 PM
    Sorry... Forgot to mention I'm a former Note 7 owner. No doubt that's why I received the offer. Just not sure if it's worth it. Thoughts? 🤤
    Verizon is giving $480 trade in for anyone with a recent flagship device. I never had the Note 7 and I can get $480 for my Note 5.
    benjamminh likes this.
    08-26-2017 06:09 PM
    If you are a former Note 7 owner and know the difference between Moto's stock Android (with the Moto app features) and Samsung's version of Android it may be worth it. For me personally, they couldn't give me enough money to use another Samsung phone. I have nothing against Sammy, they make great phones and I'm sure the Note 8 is killer. But I have a Samsung work cell phone provided by my employer and don't like their version of Android. But that's a personal opinion, obviously many people love Samsung phones. I like the stock Android experience with my Z Force / Z Play, and the Moto App, along with all the Moto Mods I own.
    benjamminh, jesta192 and jonstrong like this.
    08-26-2017 07:10 PM
    If you are a former Note 7 owner and know the difference between Moto's stock Android (with the Moto app features) and Samsung's version of Android it may be worth it. For me personally, they couldn't give me enough money to use another Samsung phone. I have nothing against Sammy, they make great phones and I'm sure the Note 8 is killer. But I have a Samsung work cell phone provided by my employer and don't like their version of Android. But that's a personal opinion, obviously many people love Samsung phones. I like the stock Android experience with my Z Force / Z Play, and the Moto App, along with all the Moto Mods I own.
    Yes, that was my point to this post. The Note 7 was a great device... Loved using Samsung Pay and the S-Pen is great. But the Moto has great features too. Not sure giving it away for 50% off is the right move here.
    08-27-2017 12:23 AM
    I can't use another device besides a Moto. Had them way too long. Still use a Razr Maxx HD, occasionally, just because I love it. The build and battery life can't be beat. Can't really do alot with it but make calls, texts and surf the net. But I still love it.

Family member just switched from Samsung S5 to an unlocked Moto E4 Plus, on my recommendation. After a few days she commented how she understands why I like Moto so much. She felt it was easier to find things and change things.

I have a Z Force and love it. Very solid build and feels good in my hand. I played with the Note 8 at Vzw. I don't like the elongated screen. I know some do but the width of the phone was too small for me.
    Scott337 likes this.
    08-27-2017 12:52 AM
    Just got an email from Verizon stating that I'm eligible to get 50% off the new Note 8 if I trade in my Moto Z Force. I'm thinking no deal. What are your thoughts?
    I don't like the deals where it's a bill credit.
    benjamminh likes this.
    08-28-2017 04:22 PM
    Yeah, that's their way of locking you in and not be able to take advantage of another deal.
    08-28-2017 06:05 PM
    No way will I ever agree to a bill credit again. They messed it up and it took 6 months and probably 20-30 calls to get them to fix it.
    jesta192 and benjamminh like this.
    08-28-2017 06:15 PM
    I won't part with my z. Had the note 7 then went to this device. It's been a good phone to me. Broke three tempered glass screen protectors but the phone is still in good shape.
    Issemann and mobrules like this.
    08-28-2017 07:36 PM
    Thought I was the only one... Plus, it was supposed to be an 'instant' rebate, not a credit...
    Issemann likes this.
    09-06-2017 06:06 PM