Just got a Moto Z Force Droid as my design refresh for Droid Turbo 2

bill-e

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Received it today, so far I like it. A bit disappointed that it's only 32gig as my Turbo 2 was 64 but it is a new phone and a new battery so I suppose not a bad deal for the extra hundred bucks I paid for the Design it yourself Turbo 2.

EDIT: I had read that this phone was only 32 gig but just checked it and it is 64g device memory.

It immediately received Android 7.1.1 and the update went without issue.

Question, do the glass screen protectors stick any better to this phone than they did with the Turbo 2?

Last edited:

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
The phone is a beast. Welcome to the club.
I use a glass screen protector but don't remember what brand. It was a cheap on off Amazon. It fits nicely.

bill-e

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I just installed the SuperShieldz. $7.99 for 2 with lifetime warranty.

What's different about these is the black bezel which looks just fine when installed and likely hides any edge bubbling common with Shatter Shield screens.
SuperShieldz
supershield.jpg

Excuse the exposure, I increased it so you could actually see the Shield edges which are almost invisible normally

20170920_112847.jpg

Attachments

• 20170920_112847.jpg
    20170920_112847.jpg
    328.5 KB · Views: 43

bill-e

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Oh, and I just got an email from Motorola saying that they received my DT2 and were removing the card authorization.

I was a bit worried that I would have a battle over that because the woman who sent my the new phone didn't seem at all concerned that my DT2 was considered non-eligible on their website.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
So glad you're liking your Moto Z Force! It's a machine. As others have said, definitely check out Amazon for a tempered glass screen protector. You will find great deals there. Enjoy your new phone!

jonstrong

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I just joined the club... called up the Moto Maker number for my DT2 64GB, and was told there are no more to hand out, so I'd have to take the Z Force 64GB instead :)

Just moved all my content over to the Z Force this evening and all seems good so far. I've got 4 phones to upgrade, so this one may stay in the family, or else wind up being a trade in to Verizon since they're offering $300 credit on it. I'll have to exercise it some more over the next couple of days -- but first impression is very good. Nice build, fit and finish, fast and smooth. Very nice so far.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Received it today, so far I like it. A bit disappointed that it's only 32gig as my Turbo 2 was 64 but it is a new phone and a new battery so I suppose not a bad deal for the extra hundred bucks I paid for the Design it yourself Turbo 2.

EDIT: I had read that this phone was only 32 gig but just checked it and it is 64g device memory.

It immediately received Android 7.1.1 and the update went without issue.

Question, do the glass screen protectors stick any better to this phone than they did with the Turbo 2?

I'm on my third Zagg. They seem to crack easily.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm on my third Zagg. They seem to crack easily.
I first used a Verizon glass screen protector, which stayed on very well. When it cracked, I put on a Zaag. It stays on very well, and so far, no cracks.

dkediger

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Add another to this list. My DT2 was still in perfect condition, could tell the battery was getting tired, but overall was one of the best phones I've had. Top 2 or 3.

Now to track down a Qi mod and screen protector.....