My z force will always default to h+ instead of lte, if I force it with an app like radio switcher it will get lte. I carry an att phone for work and always have lte on it. Rarely on my z. I cannot view or add APNs. My wife's phone does not do this and it is a Moto z but not force ( both model xt1650). I called cricket support and she said my phone is not compatible with cricket. Lol since it calls, texts, and surfs internet fine. Just can't get it to primarily choose lte.

Radio switcher will let me force lte but that has it's issues as well. This behaviour is when I set it to global(prl).
    09-26-2017 01:17 PM
    My z force will always default to h+ instead of lte, if I force it with an app like radio switcher it will get lte. I carry an att phone for work and always have lte on it. Rarely on my z. I cannot view or add APNs. My wife's phone does not do this and it is a Moto z but not force ( both model xt1650). I called cricket support and she said my phone is not compatible with cricket. Lol since it calls, texts, and surfs internet fine. Just can't get it to primarily choose lte.

Radio switcher will let me force lte but that has it's issues as well. This behaviour is when I set it to global(prl).
    Welcome.

I’ve moved your thread to the Z Force forum for comments from other users.
    09-26-2017 02:39 PM
    The Moto Z Force was designed specifically and has settings that are tuned to work on Verizon Wireless only - it is/was a Verizon Wireless proprietary phone. Using it on any other carrier is just luck. You may just have to live with it that way.

You can try changing the setting from Global but nobody can guarantee that this will work.
    Bitterman likes this.
    09-27-2017 05:44 AM
    It's very strange, I'd like to know the criteria it uses to select lte. Sometimes it's fine others it's irritating. If I put it on lte/umts/gsm from global it behaves the same way. If I use the radio switcher app and force it lte only it does stay on lte but then I can't make calls. I figured I'd just have to deal with it but I was hoping there's a butter solution. Since verizons required to have their lte phones unlocked I didn't think these things should be an issue.
    10-03-2017 01:54 PM
    Unlocked just means that the SIM card slot isn't locked to a Verizon SIM. It doesn't mean that the phone will have the proper software to make phone calls over LTE, have the same bands that another carrier uses for LTE, etc.
    10-24-2017 07:12 PM