I'm trying to send a text message via the Moto voice app. Instead of the app doing what I ask it to, a message comes up that says unable to connect to Google.

What does Google have to do with sending a text message? The app worked just fine when I asked for a score of a football game
    10-28-2017 10:40 PM
    It's an issue within the Google app, ever since they integrated Assistant into the Google Now functionality. Moto Voice just listens for your custom launch phrase and then passes off most commands to the Google App.

There is a Beta version of the Google app that resolves the issue, so hopefully everyone gets it soon via the Play Store.

You can check out the official Google Support discussion here:

https://support.google.com/websearch...nkK2Sgs/?hl=en
    10-28-2017 11:06 PM
    I'm trying to send a text message via the Moto voice app. Instead of the app doing what I ask it to, a message comes up that says unable to connect to Google.

What does Google have to do with sending a text message? The app worked just fine when I asked for a score of a football game
    I said OK Moto Z, send a text to ***** and it correctly brought up Google to send the message.
    10-29-2017 01:24 AM
    I said OK Moto Z, send a text to ***** and it correctly brought up Google to send the message.
    You might have received the newest update to the Google app. It wasn't working for me for a few weeks and then I signed up to be a Google App Beta tester and last week they pushed a new update and it resolved the issues.
    10-29-2017 12:21 PM