Searching Location

JohnS305

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
The last week or so I've noticed a drastic increase in location searching on my Z Force. Almost every time I wake the phone or launch an app I see the GPS icon flash on.

It isn't causing any significant battery drain. And I don't see anything out of the ordinary using the location services. But it just seems strange to me. I haven't changed any settings or added anything.

Anybody else seeing this or have any ideas on what it could be?

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
The last week or so I've noticed a drastic increase in location searching on my Z Force. Almost every time I wake the phone or launch an app I see the GPS icon flash on.

It isn't causing any significant battery drain. And I don't see anything out of the ordinary using the location services. But it just seems strange to me. I haven't changed any settings or added anything.

Anybody else seeing this or have any ideas on what it could be?
Maybe a recent app update has enabled location that didn't before. I started to look in Settings/Apps/Permissions. It's amazing how many apps want our location. Also, you could check your Settings/Location/3 dots upper left corner/Scanning to see if WiFi or Bluetooth scanning is enabled. This might activate location.