The last week or so I've noticed a drastic increase in location searching on my Z Force. Almost every time I wake the phone or launch an app I see the GPS icon flash on.

It isn't causing any significant battery drain. And I don't see anything out of the ordinary using the location services. But it just seems strange to me. I haven't changed any settings or added anything.

Anybody else seeing this or have any ideas on what it could be?
    11-07-2017 09:39 AM
    I've seen that off and on in the past, but not recently. Sorry I can't tell you why either.
    11-07-2017 01:16 PM
    The last week or so I've noticed a drastic increase in location searching on my Z Force. Almost every time I wake the phone or launch an app I see the GPS icon flash on.

It isn't causing any significant battery drain. And I don't see anything out of the ordinary using the location services. But it just seems strange to me. I haven't changed any settings or added anything.

Anybody else seeing this or have any ideas on what it could be?
    Maybe a recent app update has enabled location that didn't before. I started to look in Settings/Apps/Permissions. It's amazing how many apps want our location. Also, you could check your Settings/Location/3 dots upper left corner/Scanning to see if WiFi or Bluetooth scanning is enabled. This might activate location.
    Scott337 likes this.
    11-07-2017 01:23 PM