I have a few manually created contacts that have somehow been duplicated. These contacts were created manually either by entering the number and creating a phone contact or saving the number after a call and creating a phone contact.

My contacts had been backing up to the Verizon cloud. That cloud reverted to contacts only when Verizon took away my data storage. I got them to put data storage back, and it was after this that I noticed a few duplicate contacts.

I'm unable to simply delete the duplicate without both the original and duplicate being deleted. There's no duplicate contacts that exist in the cloud and so far the only solution offered by Verizon is to reset the phone. I don't want to do that and I'm not understanding why I can't delete just one duplicate contact.
    11-26-2017 01:19 PM
    I have a few manually created contacts that have somehow been duplicated. These contacts were created manually either by entering the number and creating a phone contact or saving the number after a call and creating a phone contact.

My contacts had been backing up to the Verizon cloud. That cloud reverted to contacts only when Verizon took away my data storage. I got them to put data storage back, and it was after this that I noticed a few duplicate contacts.

I'm unable to simply delete the duplicate without both the original and duplicate being deleted. There's no duplicate contacts that exist in the cloud and so far the only solution offered by Verizon is to reset the phone. I don't want to do that and I'm not understanding why I can't delete just one duplicate contact.
    I've found the easiest way to deal with contacts is to use Gmail. All your contacts are backed up on Google. Not a fan of Verizon Cloud. Under contact options there is "contacts to display". I only have Google selected. Also if you have multiple items checked there it could be a cause of your duplicates.
    Scott337 likes this.
    11-26-2017 01:24 PM
    I agree 100% with Google Contacts. I setup my contacts that way with my first smart phone in 2010 and all my Contacts have instantly synced with every new phone since then. And Google has a find and merge duplicates feature when logged in from a computer. You can export contacts out of your phone, then import into Google Contacts from a computer, find & merge duplicates, then re-sync back to your phone as Google Contacts.
    11-26-2017 01:41 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try exporting to Google.
    11-26-2017 02:34 PM