This is interesting:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-Z/...filiate:bv0as6

Thought my battery was just getting old, but maybe not. I have high drain and unreliable stats just as described. GSam has been ADB-adjusted to allow real data to be collected, and it fingers the OS/system processes as the culprit.

Cache cleared and factory reset from recovery...no help.

(unplugged this morning 23min ago and already showing 85%. Read the news and posted this...)
    12-23-2017 09:33 AM
    Since GSAM points at the OS, sadly there isn't much to do, aside from either flashing a custom ROM or the stock one over again.
    12-23-2017 10:38 AM
    The 8.0 update will fix it! Lol
    12-23-2017 10:41 AM
    I've noticed dramatic drain lately as well. Thought it might be apps recently installed so I uninstalled them... no help. Are you saying FDR won't help? I was going to do that (FDR) anyway, in anticipation of Oreo, but thought I would do it "after the upgrade.
    12-25-2017 07:21 PM
    I've noticed dramatic drain lately as well. Thought it might be apps recently installed so I uninstalled them... no help. Are you saying FDR won't help? I was going to do that (FDR) anyway, in anticipation of Oreo, but thought I would do it "after the upgrade.
    You can try. The OP did a reset, and it didn't help him, but don't let that stop you. Just make sure everything is backed up before you do.
    12-27-2017 05:31 PM
    Hmm. I can go about two hours before my battery gets close to 80%. In that two hours every morning, I am driving around my county either streaming TuneIn Radio or Google play music or pocket cast. I used to run GSAM but since getting a battery mod, I was like what's the point?

Edit. I run my mod on efficiency mode. Letting battery go to 80% before mod kicks in.
    01-09-2018 11:13 AM
    This is interesting:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-Z/...filiate:bv0as6

Thought my battery was just getting old, but maybe not. I have high drain and unreliable stats just as described. GSam has been ADB-adjusted to allow real data to be collected, and it fingers the OS/system processes as the culprit.

Cache cleared and factory reset from recovery...no help.

(unplugged this morning 23min ago and already showing 85%. Read the news and posted this...)
    Hey does your phone get hot towards the bottom of the phone? My battery life is gone and it get real hot from time to time? Could it be the Dec 1 major update? I used to love this phone and now it sucks.
    jdhamblin likes this.
    01-11-2018 02:49 AM