Oreo rolling out?

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
well I had to jump ship and move to #teampixel
my moto z had such bad battery drain. It was fully charged and then without even touching it, it would drop 20%. Hope Oreo comes quick for you guys/gals.
Good Luck with the Pixel.

That being said I have started to seriously consider the Pixel myself. I love my Moto Z Force and my battery mod and Gamepad mod but the concept is wearing off for me.
We were told the Mod design would not change for three years, so this summer is the third year?

What happened to all the cool mods Moto kept bragging about and what of all the Indiegogo stuff that are still in development but not released? Most of the Mods that did get released in my opinion were a bit overpriced.

Not saying Moto Mods was a failure but it wasn't the success they were hoping either.
If this year's model continues the trend we will see smaller batteries. I like the big battery on my phone.

Wow! Seems like I went on a rant. I didn't mean to though.

Coop61

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
So The last week of April I got an invite to participate in a Soak test (i'm going to assume that it was for 8.0). I decided not to play. I'm actually glad I decided this. My reasoning is we haven't gotten 8.0 yet . I've been in quite a few soak tests and they usually last 1 maybe 2 weeks at most . It's been 5 weeks now . I'm guessing things aren't going well . I hope I'm wrong.

I've held my tongue up till this point ,but the wait is driving me nuts at this point . Also as much as I like Moto phones this will be my last . I'm not interested in Moto mods so time to move on.

Bitterman

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm guessing things are not going well at all. :-(
So The last week of April I got an invite to participate in a Soak test (i'm going to assume that it was for 8.0). I decided not to play. I'm actually glad I decided this. My reasoning is we haven't gotten 8.0 yet . I've been in quite a few soak tests and they usually last 1 maybe 2 weeks at most . It's been 5 weeks now . I'm guessing things aren't going well . I hope I'm wrong.

I've held my tongue up till this point ,but the wait is driving me nuts at this point . Also as much as I like Moto phones this will be my last . I'm not interested in Moto mods so time to move on.

HowardL168

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site

That (end of April soak) would make sense in a "typical" timeline given the "check back in a few weeks" message we started seeing around April 11...with a soak end of April, "usually" (when all.goes smoothly) followed a week (or.sometimes only a few "days") later by the OTA release. As we're now a month after that soak, things must not be good with this build.

jhwookie

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to be more likely to be a part of a soak test? Are they looking for any sort of specific users, areas or activities?

JohnS305

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Despite the message on our phones, I'm beginning to doubt we will get Oreo. And, at this point with the phone almost two years old, is it even worth getting it?

HowardL168

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Despite the message on our phones, I'm beginning to doubt we will get Oreo. And, at this point with the phone almost two years old, is it even worth getting it?
I "was" hopeful, but Moto almost always got upgraded before Samsung going back to the original X¹ so the fact that S7 now got upgraded and the more time goes by, my thinking is that there are serious problems with the Oreo build for Moto Z Force Droid.

HowardL168

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Just checked and there's a new message. Says good news you're next. Can't post screenshot
Mine says "...coming soon" "... you'll be first to get it" (Does that mean we (Moto Z users) are collectively next to receive, or that "I'll" be first to get it from our Moto Z group that gets it soon...and how many months in "SOON"!

GeoB301

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
I just got the Oreo update! Check your System Updates to see if it rolled to your devices! I like it so far.

Edit: Spelling

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Mine says "...coming soon" "... you'll be first to get it" (Does that mean we (Moto Z users) are collectively next to receive, or that "I'll" be first to get it from our Moto Z group that gets it soon...and how many months in "SOON"!

I am getting the same message. when I checked earlier (6/14) it was still showing the "coming soon, wait a few weeks" that we've seen for the past few months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34