Swipe Left for Google Feed Gone

JohnS305

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Every morning I check my Google feed. Well this morning I swiped to the left and nothing. i can still access the feed but the swipe left option doesn't work. i checked my settings and it still shows set to Google on swipe left.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
We have a thread going about this on the Moto support forum and the development team has asked us to submit bug reports, so at least they are investigating why it happens.

JohnS305

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I thought about a reboot but I've rebooted my phone 3 or 4 times in the last 3 weeks for various problems. I know it's not a big deal to reboot, it's just the idea that my phone is starting to develop these glitches lately after a year of running pretty much flawlessly.

Also I just checked with my wife and her Moto Z is doing the same thing. Google updated yesterday, maybe that has something to do with it.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
It seems to occur on my Z Force Droid a day after I receive an update to the Google app. It was working fine for me all morning and then just stopped working at 12:08. No reason why....it just will not swipe left for Google. I have AppFlash disabled, it's always been disabled. And I have my home screen set to not rotate.

JohnS305

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I did try a reboot but no good. No big deal, maybe I'll put the search bar back on my home screen for the time being. It's funny because when I first removed the bar my screen looked empty without it, now I'm used to it being gone and like it better.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hmmmm, some owners from Brazil are reporting the same issue on different Moto devices. It seems the problem is definitely related to the latest Google app update. Basic troubleshooting is not working

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I just figured out a solution to bring it back that doesn't involve rebooting (at least it worked for mine). Go into the app drawer and find the app, long press on it and drag up to the top into app info. Clear the cache (might not be necessary but I did it any way) and Force Ftop. After force stopping it started working immediately, albeit a small stutter as the screen scrolled over on the first attempt.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Mine just started working on it's own a few hours after it stopped working. I didn't do anything, it just started working again. And yes, multiple users with multiple different phone models are now reporting this issue.

JohnS305

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I went into settings - Apps - Google, forced stop. Went back to my home screen swiped left and it worked. Did the same with my wife's Z and it worked on her's too.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I'm in the Google App Beta group and receive app updates all the time. I received another Google App update this morning and so far swipe left has worked all day. Some folks think this is a Launcher 3 issue and some seem to feel it's a Google App issue. Maybe they just aren't playing well together?

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Are folks still having an issue with this working consistently? It has been working fine for me since my post three days ago.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Are folks still having an issue with this working consistently? It has been working fine for me since my post three days ago.
I haven't seen any new report here or in other communities that I follow. There was a recent update for the Google app, so I guess it was fixed.

JohnS305

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
No, mine still doesn't work. If I force stop the app it will work for awhile but goes away again. One day it worked once and I thought it was good but later it failed again. I got the update this morning and had hopes that it would be fixed, but still no good.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
No, mine still doesn't work. If I force stop the app it will work for awhile but goes away again. One day it worked once and I thought it was good but later it failed again. I got the update this morning and had hopes that it would be fixed, but still no good.
Oh well, there goes the theory :(

Quintin Clark

Apr 19, 2018
Visit site
I had the same problem. I have a Moto G4. To get the swipe left feature back again I went to my widgets and moved Google's "Feed 4 X 4" to my last page. I then clicked on it to load the page with updated info. Afterwards I tried swiping left and "voila", it magically reappeared :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12