Moto Z force turbo power mod wont stay connected.

ZMartin17

Apr 12, 2018
Visit site
New here. I have the Moto Turbo power pack mod on my Moto Z force and it's constantly disconnecting from my phone. Not physically, but just in my pocket walking around it will buzz and then I'll hear the Moto mod tone that it makes when you put one on. Sometimes it does it in my hand, sometimes in my pocket, sometimes just laying on the table... Sometimes I have to remove the mod and reattach it to get it to connect. Sometimes the mod locks up and won't do anything, I'll take it and plug it in (just the mod) and after a few seconds all the lights flash and its fine again. My wife has the same mod on her Z2 force and has the issue once in a while but not nearly as often as me. We tried trading mods (turbo power for turbo power) and the problem follows my phone. I cleaned the pins multiple times on both the phone and the mod. I also had a Tumi power pack mod that I got when I originally bought my phone and it connects just fine with no problems. However the Tumi is all busted up from me abusing my phone. I emailed Motorola right after I bought the turbo power mod about it and they said to take it back to Verizon where I bought it for help, but then I discovered it happened with both my mod and my wife's mod... Anybody else had this problem? Suggestions on fixing it? Thanks.

sta18ff

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Is it possible that the locating pin (the one in between the other pins that is there to keep mods centered) is worn? Mine is and different packs move slightly more than others. This could be causing the disconnect and reconnect. I've wondered if there is any way to repair that "socket" without taking phone apart and replacing it.

sta18ff

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
And my Tumi stays connected better than my Incipio. They are both he same pack by same manufacturer, with only difference being the pattern on the back of them. The Incipio labeled one just wiggles more.

ZMartin17

Apr 12, 2018
Visit site
My recess in the phone where the locating pin sits is worn a little. I'm unusually hard on phones, why I bought the shatterproof phone. There's chunks of the aluminum frame missing on mine lol. Anybody know any way to improve this situation? Or is it maybe just time for an upgrade? Or maybe send it for a replacement? if they would warranty that it'd be awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks