Battery Health on your Moto Z Force Droid

HowardL168

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
So I'm trying to be patient knowing it takes a few days after an update for the phone to "settle down" but it's now almost a week and the battery life is.still not good...in fact last night, heeding your "don't charge if over 40%", I left it off charge overnight...usually idle overnight it would only go down 3 to 5%...I woke this.morning and it was off...down to 0!

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
So I'm trying to be patient knowing it takes a few days after an update for the phone to "settle down" but it's now almost a week and the battery life is.still not good...in fact last night, heeding your "don't charge if over 40%", I left it off charge overnight...usually idle overnight it would only go down 3 to 5%...I woke this.morning and it was off...down to 0!
You've misunderstood the information. You should charge at 40% and don't charge beyond 70-80% if possible. Obviously there are times that's not feasible or realistic.

HowardL168

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Right...that's what I did last night and it was dead by morning....maybe a runaway app...will try again tonight.

BTW, one more question...do you think an FDR will help? Or is the battery just dying from 2 old age, use and cycling?

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Right...that's what I did last night and it was dead by morning....maybe a runaway app...will try again tonight.

BTW, one more question...do you think an FDR will help? Or is the battery just dying from 2 old age, use and cycling?
It's most likely one or more apps causing wakelocks. My 2+ year old Nexus 6 never drained more than 5% overnight unless apps were keeping the phone awake. I'd try to figure out which app is the problem before FDA.

cjp39

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I have overnight charged on a wireless pad (Samsung) for the past year and my battery health shows 99%. Might be the Power Pack.

HowardL168

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
It's most likely one or more apps causing wakelocks. My 2+ year old Nexus 6 never drained more than 5% overnight unless apps were keeping the phone awake. I'd try to figure out which app is the problem before FDA.
I don't have a battery app loaded right now, but is the standard O/S battery indicator of usage "while in background" an indicator of wake locks. Play Store uses a "lot" in background.

HowardL168

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a battery app loaded right now, but is the standard O/S battery indicator of usage "while in background" an indicator of wake locks. Play Store uses a "lot" in background.
Is that (usage while in background) equivalent to wake locks? Different but still important to battery drain? Or irrelevant?

sta18ff

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I know I'm rough on batteries (overnight full charging, extensive hotspot use, etc.), but I followed ifixit guide and put a new battery in and all is right with the world again, lol.