i did my systems update, when it finished my screen shrunk & moved to the side of the phone?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

it is like everything is squeezed together and smaller, but only 7/8th of my screen is used. I am using Launcher3 as my home screen app. It wasn't like this until after the update.

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

Which phone are you using?

It sounds like you've triggered your phone's reachability mode (where it shrinks the display to make things easier to reach without having to use two hands).

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

ksusisco

Jun 21, 2018
Visit site
it must be what came on it because i have tried to find an icon to delete it and it is no where to be found. i tried swiping left and it switches screens.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you've hit the "Swipe to shrink screen" Moto Action.

Tap outside of usable area to return to full screen.

Screenshot?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: i did my systems update, when it finished my screen shrunk & moved to the side of the phone?

i have looked at the swipe to shrink screen and it is off.

Oh, I see what you mean. I've read that after the Oreo update the grid on the stock launcher changed to 5x5, so there's an extra column. Try rearranging your icons (including the dock) to have 5 icons on each row and see if you prefer it that way.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: i did my systems update, when it finished my screen shrunk & moved to the side of the phone?

Oh, I see what you mean. I've read that after the Oreo update the grid on the stock launcher changed to 5x5, so there's an extra column. Try rearranging your icons (including the dock) to have 5 icons on each row and see if you prefer it that way.

Yep. Grid is 5 wide now on the default launcher.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
so what should i use instead of Launcher3 and also how do i get rid of it?
Well, you can rearrange the icons to make them fit the new 5x5 grid or you can use a custom launcher and define the grid as you wish. One of the most popular launchers is Nova.

You don't need to get rid of the stock launcher, just set the new one as default and switch between them whenever you want.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2