Command Center gone in Oreo update

jimcapraro

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
The Command Center widget has been replaced by the Time and weather widget in the new Oreo update. Time and weather doesn't include the battery level information. Command Center displayed battery level for both the phone and a Moto mod battery. This has been discussed over in the Moto/Lenovo Moto Z Force forum. Thanks to user TwoBuells1 for sending the Command Center apk to those who PM'd him (or her but probably him).

I independently searched for this widget and found a couple of different versions over at XDA-developers but neither of them worked - after I installed them neither of them would display in my list of widgets. As soon as I installed this version it immediately appeared.
Again a big THANK YOU to TwoBuells1.

View attachment Circle_Clock_Widget_v3dpi110.apk

Master2873

Jul 6, 2018
Visit site
This is fantastic, but obviously the DPI of the widget does not work on my Droid Z Play, and is cut off on the ends, and does not center with the screen since it's not ajustable, making it off center. I looked around a tiny bit for this, and so far this is the only working one. Which makes me wonder if there are any other DPI variants of it.

Sucks they got rid of such useful widget, for some generic, non customizable, dumbed down version of command center with Oreo...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180706-113217.jpg
    Screenshot_20180706-113217.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 43

TwoBuells

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
I think its the stock launcher that clips the widget. I think it works with Nova and I use ADW EX launcher and it works on my Moto Z Droid, Moto Z2 Force on Verizon and my Moto Z2 Force on Sprint. all using the ADW ex launcher.

Screenshot_20180627-040258_zpso8673amo.png

glenn9643

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a Moto Z Force that I recently factory reset. I've not been using it and as I was trying to set it up again I realized the Command Center widget is gone, apparently since Android 8.
I was excited to find this app to replace it but after installing I'm having the same problem as Master2873 above.
Can't center it and the two circles on the sides are clipped as shown in his screenshot.
I had this problem with the stock launcher and also with Nova. Any suggestions?

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have a Moto Z Force that I recently factory reset. I've not been using it and as I was trying to set it up again I realized the Command Center widget is gone, apparently since Android 8.
I was excited to find this app to replace it but after installing I'm having the same problem as Master2873 above.
Can't center it and the two circles on the sides are clipped as shown in his screenshot.
I had this problem with the stock launcher and also with Nova. Any suggestions?

There is two versions of it. One is the lower dpi for the Play, and then the higher for the Force/Droid. If you've got the wrong one, it clips unless your launcher takes that into consideration. Some do, some dont.

dmgerbino

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded from the bc Moto Z Force Droid and missed the Moto Command Center. I googled for it and found it. I used it on my Pixel 4 XL for a few days but I ended up deleting it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac