Alexa with phone turned off

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I use my Moto Z Force at work listening to the Amazon music player in my shirt pocket. I wear gloves when I work, which means every time I need to stop/play/skip I have to take my gloves off. I tried Alexa today and it works, but when I turn the phone off (can't leave the screen on) I lose connection to Alexa.

I turned on smart lock in android for staying unlocked when on my body. Didn't fix the problem. I downloaded Amazon Alexa to my phone and didn't see a difference.

Is there a way, or a different player, to voice control the music player while my screen is off?

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
You can try the Google Assistant. You can also get a small Bluetooth controller, about the size of a quarter to start, stop, skip tracks and adjust volume. Amazon.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Assistant doesn't work very well on the Z Force, if you are already using Moto Voice. But the stock Google Now / Moto Voice / Play Music app combo should work OK and provide functionality to control songs using voice commands

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
He will need to change assistants, if he is using the moto one. Whether or not he has Google now configured I don't know, but it wasn't designed for what he wants to do.

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Not using a headset for this request. It is in my shirt pocket. OK Google doesn't work either with my phone off. Alexa and Google work when I'm holding the phone and it is on, but when I turn it off (the music still playing), neither of them work. I do have Moto Voice to come on only when I'm using my bluetooth earbuds. I haven't tried the Play Music app. I'm not sure how to change assistants. Which one am I suppose to use?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze