Quick battery drain, randomly shuts off randomly

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My Moto Z Force Droid is by far the WORST phone I have ever had and the most expensive. I do not recommend it to anyone. It didnt even last 14 months till problems started with very fast battery drain. I had to charge it to 100% several times a day and it has gotten much worse. Lately it even shuts off randomly all day unless I keep it on the charger which makes it not mobile any longer. Very frustrating and I took it to several Verizon stores in my area and all they recommend is that they sell me another one. Verizon makes you pay for it monthly and I still have to pay till February. What a lemon. I have tried several suggestions recommended on line but nothing has changed. I do not even see any success stories on line Very disappointed. Dan

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That sounds like just a bad battery (a dendrite - Lithium Battery Dendrite links if you're interested), not a bad phone. A new battery should fix it. (Of course Verizon recommends a new phone - they don't make much money sending it to have the battery replaced. [An official statement - in writing - that they're selling a phone that they know is bad - which is what "buy a different phone" actually sounds like, even though it isn't - would land them in federal court on the very wrong end of a lawsuit - one in which they've already admitted guilt.])

McKell Meyers

Dec 4, 2018
Visit site
I agree! This phone has been terrible. I've replaced it three times. Now it randomly shuts down for no reason and the battery needs to charged multiple times a day. I cannot wait to get something different.

sta18ff

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Had same random shutdown problem, but after 2 years of heavy use and abuse. Installed new battery and it is all good to go!