Google Smart Lock can't find my house

hedera

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a Moto Z Force Droid upgraded a couple of months ago to Android 8.0. I'd like my phone to be locked only when I'm away from home, but it doesn't seem to be able to find my house, even though I have 5 different "trusted place" entries for the house, including one that I set from Google Maps. There are parts of the house where it's unlocked, and other parts where I have to unlock every time, and the house is only about 800 square feet! I also set a trusted place at my sister's 4,000 square foot house in Las Vegas and I never have the problem there! Can this be fixed? I don't know if the problem is the phone or the Android 8 upgrade.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
The Android 8.0 Oreo update was horrible for the Moto Z series, in my opinion. Hundreds of negative posts on the Moto Forum. Every time Trusted Location stops working for me I have to re-set my current Location and then calibrate the Compass.

Velenoso

Nov 11, 2018
Visit site
I have a Moto Z Force Droid upgraded a couple of months ago to Android 8.0. I'd like my phone to be locked only when I'm away from home, but it doesn't seem to be able to find my house, even though I have 5 different "trusted place" entries for the house, including one that I set from Google Maps. There are parts of the house where it's unlocked, and other parts where I have to unlock every time, and the house is only about 800 square feet! I also set a trusted place at my sister's 4,000 square foot house in Las Vegas and I never have the problem there! Can this be fixed? I don't know if the problem is the phone or the Android 8 upgrade.

That application is very glitchy every now and again I find myself having to delete the trusted place and turning it off then doing a clear cache followed by a total shut down and powering back up followed by setting it all back up again, being a google application it's disapponiting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol