137 1234 ...
tools
    Been pretty quiet around here, surprised we haven't heard more recently
    03-31-2016 07:34 PM
    http://www.droid-life.com/2016/04/07/moto-x-2016-photo/

• Front Fingerprint Scanner
    • USB-C?
    04-07-2016 03:30 PM
    A leak today and one from yesterday both disappoint. Removing the speaker in order to put a FPS is a bit of an issue IMO, when they already had real estate chosen for a FPS in a much better location on earlier phones is a mistake. USB - C is welcome, but the story to tell here (if Moto is listening) - is HOW exactly are you going to to better on software updates? And that's the story that's much needed long before you start talking about the design destroying decisions that are apparent in several leaks.

A separate leak also said something about a mediatek processor... which.... I can't intelligently comment on because I've never used one, but if that is the case then it had better be fantastic.
    04-07-2016 03:44 PM
    A leak today and one from yesterday both disappoint. Removing the speaker in order to put a FPS is a bit of an issue IMO, when they already had real estate chosen for a FPS in a much better location on earlier phones is a mistake. USB - C is welcome, but the story to tell here (if Moto is listening) - is HOW exactly are you going to to better on software updates? And that's the story that's much needed long before you start talking about the design destroying decisions that are apparent in several leaks.

A separate leak also said something about a mediatek processor... which.... I can't intelligently comment on because I've never used one, but if that is the case then it had better be fantastic.
    We've gone into it on front FPS vs. rear. Reviewing the Honor 5X and it's rear FPS while having a desk job makes me want the FPS on the front.

OS updates are probably not part of Motorola's message going forward. I would be surprised to see it in the marketing of this year's "flagship". I think the expandability that our own happysaiyan mentions here will make OS updates more complicated.

Selfishly, I'd want micro USB just so I do t have to get all new cables and deal with dumb USB-C cables that aren't up to spec.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    Aquila likes this.
    04-07-2016 08:02 PM
    Any guess on screen size?
    04-07-2016 09:19 PM
    So far I've heard 5.5, 5.1 and 5.0.
    04-08-2016 07:15 AM
    So far I've heard 5.5, 5.1 and 5.0.
    Have you heard anything on storage or battery size?
    04-08-2016 08:16 AM
    Have you heard anything on storage or battery size?
    Nope, and everything except what hap says I consider to be nonsense until hap says it or someone from moto does.
    04-08-2016 08:19 AM
    I am still on Moto X 2013 so the screen size is going to be an upgrade for me and that's fine. Didn't get the Pure partially because of size. Where the FPS is and front speakers are not that important to me. BUT the Moto tweaks and the near pure Android are the huge factors for me to be a Moto fan. If they are gonna try to carve their own version UI and mess up the useful stuff, then they are just another phone. Would like to see the camera keep pace and a good audio section - but leave the GUI alone! I promise to stay a fan if they do
    Aquila likes this.
    04-08-2016 09:17 AM
    I'm still expecting to see a mostly stock moto UI at least this year and maybe next.
    04-08-2016 10:34 AM
    I just hope it has a better camera and some new cool features that will help it stand out

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-20-2016 09:58 AM
    https://twitter.com/evleaks/status/728755066467975169

05-07-2016 12:43 PM

[Tweet]728755066467975169[/tweet]

I have an issue with the speaker on the back Going from dual front to one on the back sucks IMO, especially since it's to muck up the face of the device with a FPS. Oh well, otherwise it's sorta interesting looking. Reminds me of a robot.
    Laura Knotek, Ry and Uncle Louie like this.
    05-07-2016 02:25 PM

[Tweet]728755066467975169[/tweet]

Oof, very ugly. I'm sure the finish isn't final, but if that camera hump is real then no way. I don't want to be embarrassed by how my phone looks.

Also having speakers on the back would be a huge downgrade.

Of course, by saying that it is "100% real" he could mean that it really was a prototype of the device, not that it is necessarily the final product.

Ry and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-07-2016 08:47 PM
    My goodness that looks awful
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-08-2016 04:29 PM
    New 2016 Moto X and Droid leak reveals potential dock connector | Android Central

They're really bad

Nope. Those are terrible. M is still there where the FPS should be; speaker is where the nothing should be; FPS is where the speaker should be and why the heck does the camera have a flat tire? Who's smoking all this crack at Lenovo?
    05-08-2016 07:42 PM
    Curious to hear what that connector is for.

05-08-2016 08:41 PM
    Assuming happasaiyan is correct, the back is not a speaker, contacts for add on modules (they do look metallic). Maybe something like LGs camera module or extra battery?

Agree, they do not look good - thought Osterloh leaving might be a bad sign, guess it was.

Looks like I am all in for Nexus HTC (or maybe HTC 10, if nexus lets me down)
    Uncle Louie likes this.
    05-08-2016 08:48 PM
    And look at those bezels! Especially the bottom one. The Droid variant even has room for the Verizon branding on the front between the FPS and the screen. Just gross 😫

05-08-2016 09:17 PM
    Assuming happasaiyan is correct, the back is not a speaker, contacts for add on modules (they do look metallic). Maybe something like LGs camera module or extra battery?

Agree, they do not look good - thought Osterloh leaving might be a bad sign, guess it was.

Looks like I am all in for Nexus HTC (or maybe HTC 10, if nexus lets me down)
    To be fair, the was far in the pipeline with Osterloh.

05-08-2016 11:39 PM
    To be fair, the was far in the pipeline with Osterloh.

True, guess the question for me is how much say did he still have? Maybe this was his say. Just disappointing.
    05-09-2016 12:07 AM
    Curious to hear what that connector is for.

Clip on accessories no one will buy! Yay

Anyways, on the aesthetics, I like the way it looks. Looks better than my "ET phone home" nexus 6p lol.
    05-09-2016 06:47 AM
    Ry likes this.
    05-09-2016 08:24 AM
    New 2016 Moto X and Droid leak reveals potential dock connector | Android Central

They're really bad

http://www.androidcentral.com/sites/...?itok=XLkD3zF5

Nope. Those are terrible. M is still there where the FPS should be; speaker is where the nothing should be; FPS is where the speaker should be and why the heck does the camera have a flat tire? Who's smoking all this crack at Lenovo?
    The more I think about this, the more I have to agree this is not looking good. Rumors are pointing to an all-metal phone, which sounds like they're abandoning the cool color and material options that have been available since the beginning of the Moto renaissance. Also assures no wireless charging. The fat bottom bezel makes me sad (especially looking at the lovely thin bezels on my Moto X 2014). That back camera... thing, and the weird speaker/contact pins...

Ugh. Just ugh. I'll reserve final opinion for the actual reveal, but I'm not optimistic. If this is really it, please Google make the next Nexus something wonderful.
    05-09-2016 09:25 AM
    Eh, they're out in this market. It'll take years to recover from tanking the little OEM people loved as the underdog. If it's possible at all. And if they're even interested in recovering. I don't think Lenovo cares - they just wanted the market inroad and the name. Zero interest in preserving their values, philosophy or reputation. They tanked the software update legacy and device design, there's probably nothing about this device that does things smarter as with prior generations. Meaning the value proposition is out other than a "roughly the same for lower cost" argument, which is a far cry from, "one of the best, yet cheaper". Cheaper alone isn't a good argument for anything if quality is absent. Luckily they've still got that whole rest of the world market where they're big, because that world is full of people that never used the Moto X line.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-09-2016 09:35 AM
137 1234 ...