Moto X 2016

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
You know that suspicious leaked Moto X on that other site? It's the real deal. Basically all the guesses were wrong, though. It does have a fingerprint sensor, it does have front facing speakers, and the holes on the back of the bottom are not a speaker grill...They are electrical contacts... For user-swappable rear modules. Crazy stuff.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Awesome!

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

slides

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
Thanks happasaiyan.

Always look forward to your shares. I will have to go back and look at those pictures a bit closer.

Do you have any more information about the swappable backs? Different size batteries? Storage?

slidesJ

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Again thanks for the information.

I am definitely intrigued by the new concept and will be happy to see fingerprint sensor (didn't think it would be that much of a deal, but very handy on my wife's phone and if I put work on my phone will need fingerprint sensor - security requirements)

Do you know if the FPS is a physical button or something like the senseID from Qualcomm?

Also does it seem like the phone is further along at this point in time than in previous years?

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Again thanks for the information.

I am definitely intrigued by the new concept and will be happy to see fingerprint sensor (didn't think it would be that much of a deal, but very handy on my wife's phone and if I put work on my phone will need fingerprint sensor - security requirements)

Do you know if the FPS is a physical button or something like the senseID from Qualcomm?

Also does it seem like the phone is further along at this point in time than in previous years?

I didn't think to try to push the fingerprint sensor. I'll let you know if I find out.

Each of the last Moto Xs (since the 2013), the phone I've seen in Feb has been 99% the final product you'll see in September.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if the "rear modules" are why the FPS is being tested on the front.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

slidesJ

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Droid Life has a short article about a statement from Lenovo about releasing a new phone in July for the US that is more innovative and more attractive.

The statement is pretty vague, and I know the X is usually Sept. give or take, but might it be released in July? That would be cool, tough to watch all the new phones for other OEMs come out early and wait till the end of the year for Moto

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
You know that suspicious leaked Moto X on that other site? It's the real deal. Basically all the guesses were wrong, though. It does have a fingerprint sensor, it does have front facing speakers, and the holes on the back of the bottom are not a speaker grill...They are electrical contacts... For user-swappable rear modules. Crazy stuff.
Front fingerprint and the modules really really really turn me off. Zero chance of me ever buying or using a module. And that's engineering, space, and cost wasted. Plus rear fingerprint scanners are so wonderful :/

I'll keep as open mind as possible, but it'll be hard to pull me away from the nexus now.