Moto X 2016

bryantest

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
The biggest concern for me is the UI of this upcoming Moto X. Is it still going to be virtually stock Android..or it's gonna have some ugly bloatware on it?

bstryd

May 9, 2012
Visit site
+1 on that, and the special Moto sauce stuff. I would like the audio section to step up as well, but the UI is BIG for me.

Posted via Android Central App

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
A leak today and one from yesterday both disappoint. Removing the speaker in order to put a FPS is a bit of an issue IMO, when they already had real estate chosen for a FPS in a much better location on earlier phones is a mistake. USB - C is welcome, but the story to tell here (if Moto is listening) - is HOW exactly are you going to to better on software updates? And that's the story that's much needed long before you start talking about the design destroying decisions that are apparent in several leaks.

A separate leak also said something about a mediatek processor... which.... I can't intelligently comment on because I've never used one, but if that is the case then it had better be fantastic.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
A leak today and one from yesterday both disappoint. Removing the speaker in order to put a FPS is a bit of an issue IMO, when they already had real estate chosen for a FPS in a much better location on earlier phones is a mistake. USB - C is welcome, but the story to tell here (if Moto is listening) - is HOW exactly are you going to to better on software updates? And that's the story that's much needed long before you start talking about the design destroying decisions that are apparent in several leaks.

A separate leak also said something about a mediatek processor... which.... I can't intelligently comment on because I've never used one, but if that is the case then it had better be fantastic.

We've gone into it on front FPS vs. rear. Reviewing the Honor 5X and it's rear FPS while having a desk job makes me want the FPS on the front.

OS updates are probably not part of Motorola's message going forward. I would be surprised to see it in the marketing of this year's "flagship". I think the expandability that our own happysaiyan mentions here will make OS updates more complicated.

Selfishly, I'd want micro USB just so I do t have to get all new cables and deal with dumb USB-C cables that aren't up to spec.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

bstryd

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I am still on Moto X 2013 so the screen size is going to be an upgrade for me and that's fine. Didn't get the Pure partially because of size. Where the FPS is and front speakers are not that important to me. BUT the Moto tweaks and the near pure Android are the huge factors for me to be a Moto fan. If they are gonna try to carve their own version UI and mess up the useful stuff, then they are just another phone. Would like to see the camera keep pace and a good audio section - but leave the GUI alone! I promise to stay a fan if they do :)

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
https://twitter.com/evleaks/status/728755066467975169

I have an issue with the speaker on the back :( Going from dual front to one on the back sucks IMO, especially since it's to muck up the face of the device with a FPS. Oh well, otherwise it's sorta interesting looking. Reminds me of a robot.

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
https://twitter.com/evleaks/status/728755066467975169

Oof, very ugly. I'm sure the finish isn't final, but if that camera hump is real then no way. I don't want to be embarrassed by how my phone looks.

Also having speakers on the back would be a huge downgrade.

Of course, by saying that it is "100% real" he could mean that it really was a prototype of the device, not that it is necessarily the final product.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692