http://www.androidcentral.com/verizo...-moto-z-droids

Both phones are compatible with Lenovo's new modular swappable backs called Moto Mods, which are optional accessories that clip onto the back of the Moto Z to add extra functions. The first crop of Moto Mods available are a projector system, a big speaker and an extended battery pack. Lenovo says that more Moto Mods are in development as well.

As for availability and pricing, we're not quite to that point yet. Verizon says that both the Moto Z Droid Edition and Moto Z Force Droid Edition will go up for pre-order in July, with a proper release "this summer." You'll be able to get the Moto Z Droid Edition in two colors — black/grey and white/gold — while the Moto Z Force Droid Edition will come in just just black/grey combo.
    06-09-2016 01:38 PM
    End of July
    Ry likes this.
    06-09-2016 01:43 PM
    Given how bad Moto and Verizon are with updates and now with all that custom hardware for Mods, these phones will be stuck on Marshmallow forever probably.

Also...
    It's often not a good sign when a device is a carrier exclusive, it frequently means that other carriers weren't interested in offering the device to their customers.
    06-09-2016 02:06 PM
    End of July
    Any idea if the Force will come unlocked? They didn't mention that one coming unlocked.
    06-09-2016 02:08 PM
    So pre-order for the Droid versions at the end of July, for release in "the summer" (likely meaning end of August or mid-September). The unlocked versions won't come until "fall," which probably means November.

And they announced them in early June. I will never understand the "let's unveil our new hotness four months before anyone can buy them" mentality that seems to grip some Android OEMs.
    06-09-2016 02:10 PM
    Dear god. Why take a huge step back from the "works on any network" Moto X Pure Edition and go with Verizon exclusivity?

I just went from "definitely going to buy" this phone to "Nope" real fast.
    06-09-2016 02:12 PM
    Dear god. Why take a huge step back from the "works on any network" Moto X Pure Edition and go with Verizon exclusivity?

I just went from "definitely going to buy" this phone to "Nope" real fast.
    It makes business sense if you need to have a physical presence for the Motomods.
    Rocketsaucev2 likes this.
    06-09-2016 02:19 PM
    Not buying, Try again moto...
    06-09-2016 02:20 PM
    Verizon exclusivity killed it for me. I'll wait for the next Note.
    06-09-2016 03:15 PM
    I see a lot to like but the Verizon exclusivity is a big blow. However, the 2600mAh battery is a deal breaker anyway. Too bad.
    06-09-2016 03:31 PM
    I feel like I will sit this one out. On the one hand, it's cool that other manufacturers are putting out modular apps... But on the other, I feel like I just wouldn't want to spend my money on modules. Plus, knowing me, I'd lose/break them.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-09-2016 04:46 PM
    I see a lot to like but the Verizon exclusivity is a big blow. However, the 2600mAh battery is a deal breaker anyway. Too bad.
    Right, I feel there's equal amounts of things to like and hate with this
    06-09-2016 04:49 PM
    Anyone have an idea when this will be available for verizon?
    06-10-2016 06:26 AM