08-01-2018 01:34 PM
488 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    Hopefully it's an example where close integration adds value.
    06-15-2016 05:13 AM
    There will be a thinning of the heard at some point, there are too many phones and not enough people on the Earth. Some small fish will likely be gobbled up and the others will drop out or go out of business. Practically every tech company decided they need to be in the phone business. There's just not much more they can do with a rectangular slab of metal and glass.
    06-15-2016 12:56 PM
    As Kellen on droid life pointed out having a multi month gap between your big reveal and actually being able to purchase a product is flat out stupidity. Plus the presentation was pitiful, especially compared to last year's that was much more professional and engaging.
    06-15-2016 12:59 PM
    Do Motorola still have the excellent radios? Running a Nexus 6 here in the UK and as I work from home 4 days a week, have to waste my own minutes, due to my work iPhone, spending half the day with no service. Both on same network.
    06-15-2016 02:00 PM
    The power pack ($90), wireless charger power pack ($100) and sound boost ($80) modules seem to be reasonably priced but 70 for the style shell and 300 for the projector is ridiculous.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-15-2016 02:31 PM
    The power pack ($90), wireless charger power pack ($100) and sound boost ($80) modules seem to be reasonably priced but 70 for the style shell and 300 for the projector is ridiculous.
    Where's the $70 Style Shell?

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    06-15-2016 02:58 PM
    Where's the $70 Style Shell?

Prices for style shells were in Verizon app. Maybe they also include extra battery but it just says designer style shell for $70.
    06-15-2016 03:13 PM
    I think the Kate Spade shell also has a battery pack, but if it doesn't, I can't feel sorry for anyone that pays that much for a piece of plastic.
    06-15-2016 03:18 PM
    I'm getting the unlocked version for sure.
    06-15-2016 03:47 PM
    so i had a moto x pure - loved it. cracked the screen broke out my note 4 and can't stand it. upgrade date just passed, going to get a new phone.

one of the best things about the pure was how on the main screen, i could swipe from the left and it pulled up weather, sports scores, bills due, package tracking info etc. what is that called? seemed to be google powered but i cant find it for the note. is that a moto thing? do all the motos have it? i'm kind of torn between paying the 135 to get my screen fixed by moto, using my upgrade for the turbo 2 or the moto z when it comes out. see that the 820 is supposed to be way better than the 810. will i notice it if i'm mostly web surfing and facebooking? i'm going to try and stick with the same phone for 2 years (never happens) so i'd like to get as new as possible. too impatient to wait for the late fall turbo 2 update.
    06-15-2016 03:52 PM
    Prices for style shells were in Verizon app. Maybe they also include extra battery but it just says designer style shell for $70.
    I'm assuming the Kate Spade "Style Shell" is actually a Power Pack one.

06-15-2016 05:07 PM
    so i had a moto x pure - loved it. cracked the screen broke out my note 4 and can't stand it. upgrade date just passed, going to get a new phone.

one of the best things about the pure was how on the main screen, i could swipe from the left and it pulled up weather, sports scores, bills due, package tracking info etc. what is that called? seemed to be google powered but i cant find it for the note. is that a moto thing? do all the motos have it? i'm kind of torn between paying the 135 to get my screen fixed by moto, using my upgrade for the turbo 2 or the moto z when it comes out. see that the 820 is supposed to be way better than the 810. will i notice it if i'm mostly web surfing and facebooking? i'm going to try and stick with the same phone for 2 years (never happens) so i'd like to get as new as possible. too impatient to wait for the late fall turbo 2 update.
    Use the Google Now Launcher on your Note 4.

Laura Knotek and Aquila like this.
    06-15-2016 05:07 PM
    I don't understand. If when a battery mod is attached, the phone draws from the mod, not the phone, why would the mod ever charge the phone? That seems like an inefficient use of the mod's battery.
    The mod only charges the phone when the phone is about to die. It doesn't charge when the phone's battery is sufficient. Even on efficiency mode, the mod only gives a maximum of a 20% charge boost in battery. So it doesn't completely recharge the phone.
    06-15-2016 06:15 PM
    Yep, would love to know the answer to this.
    It can do both. It will give the phone a slight recharge at a currency between 4 and 6 watts, depending on whether the battery is low, and how low it is. If battery has sufficient charge when the mod is attached, or the mod is used on the phone 24/7, the phone will not recharge via the mod, and will instead draw power directly from the mod.
    06-15-2016 06:20 PM
    I'm assuming the Kate Spade "Style Shell" is actually a Power Pack one.

It is like the Tumi.
    06-15-2016 06:25 PM
    ^ Any word of pricing for the phones and availability at Verizon since astronomical summer runs through late September in the Northern hemisphere?
    06-15-2016 06:39 PM
    Use the Google Now Launcher on your Note 4.

i am. it's not the same. or as good
    06-15-2016 07:03 PM
    By my usage, in which the mod would always be on the phone, the mod would be the source of battery for the phone until it is depleted, and then would use its own battery.
    06-15-2016 07:04 PM
    Do Motorola still have the excellent radios? Running a Nexus 6 here in the UK and as I work from home 4 days a week, have to waste my own minutes, due to my work iPhone, spending half the day with no service. Both on same network.
    My MXPE is excellent in that regard. I never have any problems getting a signal, even in an elevator. I'm on AT&T if that matters, which I'm sure it does.
    06-15-2016 08:32 PM
    ^ Any word of pricing for the phones and availability at Verizon since astronomical summer runs through late September in the Northern hemisphere?
    Verizon launch is probably July.

06-15-2016 08:37 PM
    I'll stick with my Moto X 2. It's the size, look, and performance I need.
    06-15-2016 08:59 PM
    By my usage, in which the mod would always be on the phone, the mod would be the source of battery for the phone until it is depleted, and then would use its own battery.
    Would the phone show two separate percentage - one for the mod and one for the phone battery? Or would the battery read it and show discharge as if the mod + phone was a single battery?
    06-15-2016 09:18 PM
    It looks like it will show the two according to some videos that showed that.
    06-15-2016 09:39 PM
    Would the phone show two separate percentage - one for the mod and one for the phone battery? Or would the battery read it and show discharge as if the mod + phone was a single battery?
    I don't know. I have seen a picture with two percentages on Reddit, and everything else I have seen had the existing battery logo with a plus sign cut into it. I think it is customizable in Moto mod settings.
    06-16-2016 12:53 AM
    Small battery at that screen size, lack of audio jack 3.5, horrible front design: that front bottom bezel design is terrible...nope I won't get it. For now I'll stay on my Nexus 5X for a while, at least until I have enough cash for a HTC10. I would have gone with the 6P but it does not have anything that big to justify it's price.
    06-16-2016 08:03 AM
488 ... 1011121314 ...