There are fewer things that I'm happy about with Moto, but still enough that the X Pure will likely not be my last Moto. I don't like Samsung and I don't root so Nexus isn't all that.
    06-22-2016 07:38 PM
    My Moto X Pure will be my last Motorola...
    I love my Pure and have no desire to get the Z - just not my cup of tea - but I sincerely believe there's another Moto or two or three in my future.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-22-2016 07:48 PM
    There are fewer things that I'm happy about with Moto, but still enough that the X Pure will likely not be my last Moto. I don't like Samsung and I don't root so Nexus isn't all that.
    I have no reason to root anymore, but my next device will be a Nexus so that it will get monthly updates.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    06-22-2016 08:07 PM
    I'm not 100% sure if I'll get the Z, I want to play with it and see if I'm totally wrong about it. If I don't, I don't think my Pure will have been my last. At least I don't want it to have been.
    06-22-2016 08:33 PM
    My last Moto was a Droid Maxx, after they reneged on lollipop and only offered 100 towards a new turbo 2 or Maxx 2 I just had to say goodbye. Good deal on the Pure right now with free 360 sport watch, but just not for me.

06-22-2016 09:01 PM
    I have no reason to root anymore, but my next device will be a Nexus so that it will get monthly updates.
    If I could get visual voicemail and WiFi calling on Verizon with a Nexus I would go that route but for now ill stick with my LG G5

06-22-2016 09:03 PM
    We are the minority.
    Absolutely. Ask anyone what version of Android they're using and I bet most couldn't tell you. The relatively few people on here that are not going to buy the Z will hardly affect sales. The blind masses will happily snap up this phone after going into a Verizon store and being shmoozed into buying it.
    ggrr8t likes this.
    06-24-2016 09:20 PM
    I'm not 100% sure if I'll get the Z, I want to play with it and see if I'm totally wrong about it. If I don't, I don't think my Pure will have been my last. At least I don't want it to have been.
    There's nothing wrong with being curious and trying something out I think folks like you might be the market for the Z.....I'm just not sure how the mainstream will react. Lenovo did say they were continuing the X line as well.....maybe they're hedging their bets
    06-24-2016 09:25 PM
    Absolutely. Ask anyone what version of Android they're using and I bet most couldn't tell you. The relatively few people on here that are not going to buy the Z will hardly affect sales. The blind masses will happily snap up this phone after going into a Verizon store and being shmoozed into buying it.
    #sotrue
    06-25-2016 04:09 AM
    People are ignorant and easily bored these dayz, I'm very sure if you present the regular (tin) Moto Z to the average user and put it side by side with say the galaxy s7 or Htc 10, an average noob will pick the Z in a heart beat, after being bamboozled by the sales rep about the Mods and what they can do along with the tin metalic/steel form factor of the Z..

If not for geeks like us, the Z is quite an easy sell tbh, probably the most easily marketable phone for the average joe.

Once they hear about the prospect that they could have a projector at their finger tips, a hasselblad camera, a JBL speaker, then they're already pretty much begging you to shut up and take their credit card. lol

#omglookwhatmyphonecando
    Aquila likes this.
    06-25-2016 04:25 PM
    Price will be huge, along with the price of the mods. We already know that updates won't be good. They really need to get their service to a basically decent level. The stories of people's issues with the MX Pure have been quite poor.
    06-25-2016 07:20 PM
    Price will be huge, along with the price of the mods. We already know that updates won't be good. They really need to get their service to a basically decent level. The stories of people's issues with the MX Pure have been quite poor.
    The price of the Moto z outright will probably be about $500. Price of the mods is semi-reasonable, other than the projector. Updates might get better given that Motorola has more stability within itself than it did in 2015, or might stay the same. Same deal with customer service. Stories of peoples' problems with customer service have indeed been damning.
    06-25-2016 08:07 PM
    I hope you're right on all accounts. I see the force version in the $625-675 range. I'll need some Verizon promo deals to consider upgrading from a MXPE.
    06-26-2016 03:35 PM
    I hope you're right on all accounts. I see the force version in the $625-675 range. I'll need some Verizon promo deals to consider upgrading from a MXPE.
    I hope I am right. Things do seem like they are beginning to air towards the positive end, as Motorola's position as a sub-company under Lenovo seems more seated and secure, especially in contrast to last year, when it was apparent that Lenovo was far away from figuring out what the hell they would do with motorola, so that's that. The force will probably be anywhere between $600 and $650 outright, if I had to guess.
    06-26-2016 03:57 PM
    I'm just going to keep posting in this thread until we actually get some real news. How much more will people be willing to pay for the Force? How much better will the camera really be? Will the shatter shield screen this year not be as dim as last year's? Maybe with the Force one would be willing to go without insurance? So many questions, no answers.
    06-26-2016 08:52 PM
    I'm just going to keep posting in this thread until we actually get some real news. How much more will people be willing to pay for the Force? How much better will the camera really be? Will the shatter shield screen this year not be as dim as last year's? Maybe with the Force one would be willing to go without insurance? So many questions, no answers.
    Don't forget to guess a price.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=689015

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    06-26-2016 09:03 PM
    If I get one I'm leaning towards the Force Droid one - I think they could do anything with prices. Probably won't see more than $700 but not expecting super cheap either.
    Veteater likes this.
    06-26-2016 09:10 PM
    Pricing of the Moto G⁴ and G⁴ plus was just released, and the G⁴ 16GB starts at $199, while the 32GB is $229. The Moto G⁴ plus is $249 for the 16GB 2GB RAM model, and the 64GB 4GB RAM model is $299. This gives a good forecast of what we will see for the Moto Z series pricing wise. I'm guessing the soon to be announced Moto Z play will be about $349, standard Z will probably be $449 for the 32GB variant and $499 for the 64GB. As for the Z force... I think the price will probably be $599-$649 for 32GB variant, and $649-$699 for the 64GB variant.
    06-28-2016 04:45 PM
    Pricing of the Moto G⁴ and G⁴ plus was just released, and the G⁴ 16GB starts at $199, while the 32GB is $229. The Moto G⁴ plus is $249 for the 16GB 2GB RAM model, and the 64GB 4GB RAM model is $299. This gives a good forecast of what we will see for the Moto Z series pricing wise. I'm guessing the soon to be announced Moto Z play will be about $349, standard Z will probably be $449 for the 32GB variant and $499 for the 64GB. As for the Z force... I think the price will probably be $599-$649 for 32GB variant, and $649-$699 for the 64GB variant.
    There will be no 16GB models of the Moto Z.
    06-28-2016 04:49 PM
    I just hope that now this is out of the way with the G there will be news soon about the Z.
    06-28-2016 04:55 PM
    I just hope that now this is out of the way with the G there will be news soon about the Z.
    Agreed. Can't wait to hear when it will be released for Verizon.
    06-28-2016 05:21 PM
    There will be no 16GB models of the Moto Z.
    I never said there were. It's either 32GB/64GB. Same for the force. The G⁴ and G⁴ plus have 16GB variants.
    06-28-2016 11:44 PM
    I never said there were. It's either 32GB/64GB. Same for the force. The G⁴ and G⁴ plus have 16GB variants.
    I misread your post.
    06-29-2016 03:47 PM
    Definitely not buying the Moto Z. The overall design is terrible, fingerprint sensor should have been on back or side and I like having a headphone jack.
    I didn't even realize they could put a fingerprint sensor on the side.
    06-29-2016 07:25 PM
    Agreed. A good % of the people going into the store are steered to a product. They may have a phone in mind but if the salesperson wants to sell them a different phone the customer will walk out with a different phone, and it "will be the best phone made". They will be so glad they got that salesperson to school them and "give them a deal"
    Veteater and Ed Briggs like this.
    06-29-2016 07:29 PM
489 ... 1314151617 ...